QuickBooks Error 6010, -100: Know the Reasons and Solution
The QuickBooks is used for the account tracking and management in various businesses. This software is able to provide the advanced features to easily manage the all business activities. You can see all your income and expenses details, invoices details, profit and loss details and account business. Thousands of people are using the QuickBooks for their businesses. But it is software and there can be many error issues in any software.
If you are using the QuickBooks for your business then you never want that it gets any error or issue. But the many errors can occur in any software or system. The Error -6010, -100 is very common in any QuickBooks software and it is faced by many users of the QuickBooks. The system shows the Error -6010, -100 and the message “Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again”. If you are also facing this error, it happens because of the following reasons:
Reasons of QuickBooks error 6010, -100:
The QuickBooks Error 6010, -100 can occur due to the following reasons:
- Disassociation of .ND file: This error can occur due to the disassociation of the .ND file in QuickBooks. The .ND file is the network device file and there can come an error when this file gets disconnected from the .QBW or .TLG files.
- Use of antivirus software: It can come if you are using the NOD32 antivirus software and you have enabled the internet monitor on it. It will work as a firewall and causes the Error -6010, -100 in the QuickBooks.
- Registry cleaning programs: The Error -6010, -100 can occur due to use of registry cleaning programs like fix it utilities. It can cause this error in the QuickBooks.
- This error can occur if you are using the standalone installation of QuickBooks on the system that is being running on Norton protection centre.
So these are the main reasons which can cause the Error -6010, -100 in your QuickBooks. If you also have this error message on your QuickBooks, you can fix this error by using the following processes:
Solutions to fix this error:
You can fix the Error -6010, -100 by using various solutions which are recommended by Intuit. If the first solution does not help you to fix the error, you can try more solutions.
- For the standalone PC install of QuickBooks: you can use the following steps to resolve the error in your QuickBooks:
- Go to File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Then reopen the QuickBooks and the problem will be resolved.
- Rename the .nd file which is associated with the company data file and then open the QuickBooks.
- If you are using NOD32 Antivirus Software with Internet Monitor, disable the IMON functionality.
- You can try the clean installation of the QuickBooks.
These solutions will help you to resolve the Error -6010, -100 issues in your QuickBooks. So you can use it without any issue.
Read also Fix QuickBooks Error -6210, 0