QuickBooks Error Code 6073
QuickBooks helps small and medium-scale businesses to handle their accounts department without a lot of manpower. The services it provides make it one of the most utilized accounting software. However, at times you face a lot of trouble when some error hits it.
QuickBooks Error Code 6073: When you try to open the company file, you are faced with an error stating: Error: -6073, -99001 QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6073:
There are several reasons behind this error:
1. In the multi-user environment, the file is currently open on another computer in Single User Mode.
2. The file is stored in a folder which is Read Only.
3. Another computer with the Linux Operating Software and the file is located on the Linux server, and more than one set of login credentials are needed to access the shared folder.
4. The file is open on a remote software. The host computer perceives it that the user is already logged in.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6073:
There are several solutions for this error, and we are going to try them one by one:
In case another workstation is accessing the file in Single User Mode:
1. Access each computer and shut down QuickBooks.
2. Turn on the host computer and open the file on it.
3. Access Multi-user Mode.
a. Go to the File menu and click on Switch to Multi-user Mode.
4. If the error persists, we suggest you reboot each workstation.
: In case Host Computer is accessing the file in Single User Mode:
1. Go to the File menu and opt for Close Company.
2. Open the Company file again now. (Go to the File Menu and opt for Open or Restore Company)
3. Hit Open a Company File and hit Next.
4. Click on the Company File that is yours.
5. Now opt for Open File in Multi-user Mode and proceed to Open.
Third Solution: There is a read-only folder and the file is located here:
1. Open the Host Computer where company file is located at.
2. Open the Location Folder where the Company File is saved.
3. Hit right-click on the folder and opt for Properties.
4. Now hit Security Tab.
5. Go to the user who is having issues in login and click Edit.
6. There will be a box- Allow Full Control. Check it.
7. Hit Apply and then Ok.
These simple solutions will resolve the issue permanently. However, if you still face trouble in accessing your company file, Accounting Errors team advises you to contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party vendor and have an excellent QuickBooks helpdesk to resolve QuickBooks related issues on your Windows and other OS based systems.
Call at our toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338 to get in touch with one of the QuickBooks Tech Experts.