QuickBooks Error Code -6147, 0: Problem with the QuickBooks Data File
QuickBooks Error Code -6147, 0 indicates that the document is not in the data file or there is some problem with the QuickBooks data file.
QB Error Code -6147, 0 occurs when restoring a company file (.qbw) from a backup file (.qbb) where:
- the backup file (.qbb) is damaged
- the company file was not updated completely
When you perform restoring backup or open the QuickBooks file, you can see the QB error message: QuickBooks data file contains particular problem or it is not data file. Resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Reasons for the Occurrence of the Error
The following possible reasons for the occurrence of the error are as follows:
- Corrupt QuickBooks file.
- Restoring the backup using the network drive.
- The backup file name goes beyond the limitation of about 210 characters.
How to Resolve the Issue?
Resolve the error code -6147 by performing the solutions proposed by Intuit. There are different causes for the occurrence of the errors, hence Intuit recommends solutions accordingly. Follow the sequence of the solutions as they are arranged.
I. Download QuickBooks File Doctor, install this application and run this tool.
II. Restore a backup to another location. Perform this solution if you are facing a backup error.
Ensure that your system is not being hosted.
Restore a backup file copy saved in the system. One more back up file can be restored if it exists.
Important Tip: When you stop hosting on the system to restore a backup file, it would be better to perform step wise on cloud hosting.
Hosting feature allows access the company files via multiple user configurations.
Even if problem persists after performing the solutions, you must check that the significant path to the company file that comprise of less than 210 characters. For instance, there are 125 characters in this path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 2010\Sample_company_file.qbw.
If the problem continues, Intuit Data Recovery Team offers full-time service to check your QuickBooks company file and diagnose the issue. You simply connect with QuickBooks Technical Support or send a request for data recovery service. This technical support may apply charges.
III. Configure the settings of Trend Micro Active Scan and keep in a separate folder that comprise of the company files
- If you want to find out your company file location:
- Press Ctrl key from your keyboard, double-click icon of QuickBooks software. Open the software without opening the company file.
- Select the company file from the enlisted files within the window of No Company Open. Make sure that the company file is on the top.
- Check the file location below the file lists.
- Open the settings of Trend Micro active scan and set an exemption to disregard the folder.
- Important Note: Since Intuit does not provide the applications of Trend Micro, we cannot suggest particular steps to set up any exemption.
- If you want to get help to practice this process, please go to Trend Micro support web page.
If you have queries related to the smart back office and how QuickBooks can help you better then you can contact QuickBooks customer support number. It is prompt and active round the clock. At times when you fail to connect with the QB customer support number you can switch to trusted third party QuickBooks Consulting agencies like accountingerrors.com. It hires trained QB professionals who accord assistance to fix the issue in the first call itself. Dial the toll free number 1-855-481-5338 and connect to garner immediate resolution.
Read Also – Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144, 82