QuickBooks is one of the most demanded accounting software of the world. However, at times errors make it hard for the users to carry on with their work. QuickBooks Error -6190 may create great hurdle in accessing your company file. This error belongs to -6000 error code.
QuickBooks Error Code -6190
This error occurs when you are trying to access Company File on QuickBooks. The error appears instantly on your computer running on Windows Operating Software.
The error message that appears on the screen reads something like this: ‘Error 6190, 0: Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.’, ‘Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.’
Causes : QuickBooks Error -6190
There could be several reasons for this error. A few of them are mentioned below:
- QuickBooks installation suffered some damage.
- A company file is corrupt.
- The folder containing company file is damaged.
- QuickBooks is being hosted on both the servers, where it should be only one.
- The server has not appropriate permission to access the company file.
- The user has no appropriate access to the company files.
- There is a conflict with a security software.
- QuickBooks doesn’t have appropriate permissions to access the company file.
Solution : QuickBooks Error -6190
Provided below is the simple method to resolve the issue thoroughly.
However, Accounting Errors help-team suggests to contact support in case you face any difficulty while performing the operation:
- Shut down your QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the keyboard panel, press and hold both Windows and E key to open the computer window.
- Go to Uninstall/Change A Program.
- Look for QuickBooks, select it and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Go for Change.
- You will be prompted to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. In the window, click Next.
- Opt the Repair radio button at the bottom of the window.
- Once the repair has run. The damaged files would be taken care of. Reboot the system if you see the prompt.
In case your file is hosted on the local machine and is used only by it, make sure that the Hosting option is not turned On.
- Open QuickBooks. Go to the File menu.
- Hit on Utilities. Now, opt for Stop Hosting Multi-user Access.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen. It will read ‘Stop Hosting Multi-user Access,’ hit Yes.
Need Professional Help?
Following the above-provided solutions should resolve your issue permanently. However, if you need some internal help with QuickBooks, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party consultancy which has an amazing QuickBooks help desk consisting of experienced QuickBooks experts who deal with the QuickBooks related issues on computers running on Windows Operating Software. You can get in touch with one of our QuickBooks tech experts by calling at their toll-free helpline 📞.
- See Also – How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6190 -816?
- See Also – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190, -82
- See Also – Learn and Fix Quickbooks Error 6190, 1005 Easily