What is Error Code 6210 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 6210 is a multi-user mode error that is mostly seen when QB download is corrupt. Damaged data of company files, unintentionally deletion of QB files can also lead to such issues. There are tools named QuickBooks File Doctor or Clean Install offered by Intuit that help you to rectify the error code 6210.
Error: QuickBooks Error Code 6210
Error Message: We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file
Review this help article on the QuickBooks support site to resolve the issue [Error Codes : (-6210, 0)]
Quickbooks Error 6210 is encountered when your machine is not stable and the system files are missing or are not able to respond. This would happen whenever maintenance of computer is ignored. This is one of the commonly encountered errors due to any improper program installed on your machine or because of some malware.
It is recommended that QuickBooks Error Code 6210 should be repaired immediately to safeguard your data from any critical damages.
- 1 What is Error Code 6210 in QuickBooks
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Error code-6210
- 3 Things you need to consider before proceeding to resolve this issue
- 4 Resolution of Quickbooks Error Code 6210
- 4.1 1. Method One:
- 4.2 2. Solution Two: Run The Quickbooks File Doctor
- 4.3 3. Solution Three: Rename ND and TLG files
- 4.4 4. Solution Four: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- 4.5 5. Solution Five: Disable antivirus malware software
- 4.6 6. Solution Six: Download and Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- 4.7 7. Solution Seven: Open the company file locally
- 4.8 8. Solution Eight: Close all QuickBooks processes
- 5 FAQ
Causes of QuickBooks Error code-6210
- Installation of QuickBooks is corrupted.
- Windows registry is also corrupted or damaged.
- Attack of malware or virus
- Maybe some company files are corrupted.
- Mistakenly delete the QuickBooks related file.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks related files.
- The error occurs when you make QuickBooks related software changes.
Things you need to consider before proceeding to resolve this issue
- The user needs to make sure that the hosting is turned ON. This can be done by pressing the F2 key and then finding the local server data.
- The user has to rename ND and TLG files and run the database server manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Resolution of Quickbooks Error Code 6210
1. Method One:
To resolve the quickbooks error code 6210, you need to follow each & every step mentioned below carefully.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Close the QuickBooks application on all your machines and come to the main Computer where your QuickBooks Company Files are kept. From the Start Menu select “Services”. In the “Services” window search for the service “QBCF Monitoring Service”, double-click and open the dialog box for QBCF Monitoring Service. In the “General Tab” of this service and look for “Startup Type” and ensure it is set to “Automatic”
Go to the given path on your Main ComputerStart >> Control Panel >> User Accounts >> Add or Remove User Accounts >> QBDataService User23 .
(Note: If you have 2013version of QB it will read 23 at the end, if you have version 2014 it will read 24 and if you have 2015 it will read 25)
Double click on QBDataService User32. Click on Change Account type. From the given option select “Administrator” and click on “Change Account Type”
This step too is to be performed on the Main Computer. Go to My ComputerSelect C: (drive)
Create a new folder named “QB” in the C drive. Right Click on this folder and select properties. In the properties window select the “Sharing” tab and select “Share” and change the “Read/Write” permissions for the Administrator. Add “Users”, “SYSTEM”, QBDataServiceUser23″ and “Everyone” and give them “Read/Write” permissions. And then click on Share.
Next, go to the “Security Tab” and verify that the users created by you have full access and then close the window
Now in this step, you will be copying the Company Files in the QB folder created in the previous step. Follow the given path C:drive UserPublicPublic DocumentsIntuitQuickbooksCompany Files. In this Company Files folder you can see you QuickBooks Company File which is the default location for your Company Files. Right Click on your Company File and “Copy” it. And “Paste” it into the QB folder created in the C: Drive
Go to Services from the Control Panel, and look for Service “QuickBooksDB23″(As mentioned earlier the ending number depends on the version of QuickBooks you have installed). Double click on this service and verify that the “”Startup Type” is set to “Automatic” and the “Service Status” is “Started”. Click Apply and Ok and close the window
Next, you need to add Firewall Exceptions. In the Start Menu type Firewall and go to Windows Firewall and select “Advanced Settings”. Go to “Inbound Rules”, Go to “New Rules”Port(radio button). Here you need to Add a Port depending on your version. And Click on “Next” button. From the option given select “Allow the Connection”, Check the options “Domain” Private” Public”and click on the Next button. Now give a name to the Port Created and click on Finish Button. Similarly you can add the Outbound Rules.
Note: This step of adding the Firewall Ports can be done on all the computers and not just the Main Computer.
2. Solution Two: Run The Quickbooks File Doctor
Run the QuickBooks File Doctor. This is one of the best ways to resolve this error
- In the first step, go to the QuickBooks tool hub
- Then, you have to choose the Company File issues
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Then, you have to choose that specific company file from the drop-menu options
- Now, you have to check the file and click on the Continue button
- It will automatically find and correct all error issues
3. Solution Three: Rename ND and TLG files
To fix this error, the user has to rename ND and TLG files. Before implementing the troubleshooting steps, the user has to make sure that your system works on single-user mode:
- Firstly, open the folder in which you save the Quickbooks Installation Directory
- Then, open the file
- Now, you have to look for other Network Data and Transaction log files
- Hit the right-click on it and then select the Rename option
- Now, you have to add OLD at the last of the extension filename
- Perform the same steps for the TLG file in the same way
- After this, the user has to create a new folder and then transfer the QuickBooks files to the new folder.
- Once you have been done then start your QuickBooks to open the company file that is saved in the new folder.
4. Solution Four: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Another way is to fix the error is to run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager with the following steps
- The first step is to locate the network issues in the tool hub
- Then, you have to select the QuickBooks database server manager. Then the user needs to install the QuickBooks on the server in any case if pre-installed.
- The step is to choose the Start scan option inside the QuickBooks database server manager. In another case, if the company file is spotted. In another, the user is unable to find the company file that browses the location of the company file. Hit the click on the Start scan option.
- After this, the user is required to view the QuickBooks software and then move forward to sign in to the company file again
- In another case, it creates the network data files on the server to enable the company files to access them from the varied workstations
- Firstly, you have to rename the ND and TLG files by hitting the right-click on the company file
- Press the Windows + R key together
- Then, you have to insert a service. MSC the Run-box
- Press the Enter key and then view for the QuickBooks Database Server manager service
- Hit the right-click on the Restart service
- Once you have been done, check and verify the service starts running accurately if the QuickBooks issue is resolved or not.
5. Solution Five: Disable antivirus malware software
Sometimes an issue appears by any third-party software then disables antivirus malware software.
Now and again it has been seen that the third-party security application causes some surprising errors in QuickBooks Desktop and hence keeps it from working appropriately. Truth be told, they may present danger to the organization’s documents and you probably won’t have the option to get your monetary information when the error happens.
6. Solution Six: Download and Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Before resolving any issue, the user has to create a backup rest file to prevent any loss
- Firstly, you have to download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Hit the double-click on the downloaded file
- Agree with license agreement
- Then, choose the QuickBooks version and hit the OK button
- Now, you are all set to reinstall the QuickBooks and you are all resolved with this issue.
7. Solution Seven: Open the company file locally
You can easily fix this error just by opening the company file locally
- First of all, open the folder having the company file
- Then, you have to choose the file with the extension of the QBW company file
- Hit the right-click on the file and then select the Copy option
- After this, you have to locate the Desktop and then hit the double-click on it
- From the drop-menu options, you have to choose the Paste option
- Press the Control key and then open the QuickBooks which will straightforwardly to the No Company Open Window
- After following all the above steps, the user needs to end the process. Users also have the choice to restore an existing company file.
8. Solution Eight: Close all QuickBooks processes
If all the above solution unable to resolve the error, then you have to close all QuickBooks processes
- Initially, you have to log in as an Administrator on the server system
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key simultaneously to view the Task Manager
- Hit the next click on the Users tab
- Move forward with displayed guidelines until the processing is not completed
- Then, the last step is to check and ensure the company file in the multi-user mode
Need Professional Help?
For further assistance on this error please contact with our QuickBooks Technical Support team. They are a third-party consultancy who offer QuickBooks assistance worldwide. To contact them, call on their customer support toll-free number ✆. You can get in touch with them 24*7.
What does QuickBooks Error Code 6210 mean?
QuickBooks Error 6210 usually appears when your system is not working properly. Before trying to open the company file, ensure your system settings. This also happens when you work in multi-user mode.
What is the quickest way to resolve the QuickBooks Error code 6210?
The quickest way to resolve this error is to disable the ant-virus software because any third-party software or anti-virus software does hinder the correct functioning of QuickBooks. Due to which unexpected errors will appear on your screen including this error code also. To avoid these types of errors, delete all unnecessary files.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 6210?
There are many reasons behind this error. Before trying to find a suitable solution, know all causes behind it such as corrupted QuickBooks Downloaded file, damaged window registry, corrupted QuickBooks installation, Malware/virus infection, damaged window system files, or any other corrupted QuickBooks related program files. A program that has mistakenly been deleted is also the major reason behind this error.