Error message 80029c4a encountered due to the corrupted dynamic link library file called DLL file. Moreover, missing important files create a barrier in launching the QuickBooks desktop or the wrong firewall configuration.
Like the code, the error is also complicated. You have waited long and now you have the installation kit of Intuit Inc. but to your shock and disgust, the installation doesn’t go right and you get the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. But don’t you panic and behave anxiously.
You need to take a deep breath and find the solution. Be easy because here are the causes to this particular error and after that you can definitely get the work done that you had been trying to.
- 1 QuickBooks Error Code- 80029c4a : Symptoms
- 2 Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- 3 Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- 3.1 1. Method One: Computer Reboot
- 3.2 2. Method Two: Updating
- 3.3 3. Method Three: Up for Reboot.bat
- 3.4 4. Method Four: Restart QuickBooks
- 3.5 5. Method Five: Uninstall and Reinstall
- 3.6 6. Method Six: Update the Avast program
- 3.7 7. Method Seven: Running windows system file checker
- 3.8 8. Method Eight: Update window repair on a QuickBooks
- 3.9 9. Method Nine: Resolve using QuickBooks repair tool
- 4 Few other issues related to QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
- 5 FAQs
QuickBooks Error Code- 80029c4a : Symptoms
- If the window is running slow.
- Error code 80029c4a displayed on the screen.
- Your system crashes continue with error 80029c4a.
- During the installation error occurs.
- And also crashes active programs.
- Your system freezes regularly for a few seconds.
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Reasons can be many but the most obvious one are the following that have been analyzed by the experts and we are to be aware in order to take the right steps to overcome it.
- One of the reasons can be the process of download which was corrupt or installation of QuickBooks pro software that was incomplete
- The registry to Windows from a recent QuickBooks pro related software either while installing or uninstalling could have been one reason
- The most important and quite frequently occurring cause can be Virus and Malware. If the Windows system file or the QuickBooks Pro Software file was infected, then it is pretty sure that this error might pop up
- Sometimes, it has also been observed that some program deletes your QuickBooks Pro related file by mistake
So now that you know what could have been the reasons for this error that was browning you off, then stay calm and follow the steps to get over that feeling and resume work?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
1. Method One: Computer Reboot
This method is the first one out of the steps you need to follow. For every problem in your QuickBooks, a universal solution is rebooting the system. It works like a charm.
2. Method Two: Updating
This step can be followed when you feel that the QuickBooks software that you have is old enough and you need an update. Updates can be done freely during the life of the software which can install automatically if the setting has been chosen in that manner or else you can choose to update.
Carefully check the version you have been using because if you are already using the latest version, you can skip this step. You should also be careful about updating the software if multi user mode is checked because doing this can force other users to update the version at a time when they must be really busy. If anyone skips it, the process will be null and void. You have to start it all over again later.
3. Method Three: Up for Reboot.bat
This may sound Greek to many but it is a very important step to get the above error rectified. Reboot.bat is a batch file that is a product of the installation of the QuickBooks on your system. With this process, you are confirming if all the files of QuickBooks have been registered accurately.
Before following this process of registry, you need to keep in mind the following points-
- No one is logged in to QuickBooks
- Everyone has exited the application and you are logged in to the Windows system as the administrator
Now find the file in your program files which you can do by opening Windows Explorer.
Find Reboot.bat and run it to install. After successful installation, restart our computer.
- Firstly close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then open the folder which you want to reboot.bat file.
- Double click on the QuickBooks Desktop and then choose the properties option.
- Click the open file location option.
- Now right click on reboot.bat file and choose Run as a QuickBooks administrator.
- Don’t close the window before completing the reboot.bat utility .
- Later restart your PC.
4. Method Four: Restart QuickBooks
You can restart QuickBooks after closing all the applications so that the error is gotten rid of. This process usually helps in getting the error code fixed.
5. Method Five: Uninstall and Reinstall
What works for majority of the QuickBooks users is uninstalling and installing QuickBooks again. While reinstalling, make sure all the users have been logged out of the system. This is to avoid any chaos or any further errors pertaining to QuickBooks installation.
Apart from all these processes you can do other small tweaks to your system that can help further in making your system free from such errors in future and expedite your work rather than cause lag.
Additional steps that could help are mentioned below-
- You might want to do a full malware and virus scan to avoid vulnerability to such errors in future
- Junk files can lead to accumulating of dirt and load to your system. If this is cleared off, you can be a happy user (recommended disk cleanup cleanmgr)
- Updating your PC drivers can go a long way in making your system free from issue like this. Driver Doc by Microsoft Gold Partner is recommended tool for this update)
- Undoing recent system changes can help to some extent
- By Typing Command in the search area of the system and hitting enter only after you have held CTRL and SHIFT at the same time can help you run Windows file checker that will guide you through some steps of taking care of the error code
- Its best to stay updated, therefore it is recommended that you install all the Windows update that are available
- Windows Clean up can be the last resort because this will erase all the data that is in your hard drive. Only if you wish, you can opt for it.
6. Method Six: Update the Avast program
- Firstly right click the Avast icon .
- Then select the update option.
- Now hit on the program tab and follow the prompts to Update the Avast program.
- Finally update the system protection.
7. Method Seven: Running windows system file checker
- First of all click on the start menu and enter command in the search box.
- After that hold CTRL+ Shift keys and hit enter.
- Then click yes when the permission dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Now I will see a black box on the screen.
- Then enter SFC/Scan now then hit Enter.
- Once the system file checker completes the scanning for the Error 80029c4a.
- When all the process is done, the user needs to carry out the on screen prompts .
8. Method Eight: Update window repair on a QuickBooks
- Firstly close the QuickBooks.
- Then click on the windows button.
- Now open the control panel and uninstall or change the program.
- Into the program list choose the QuickBooks.
- Again uninstall & change tab.
- Once QuickBooks installation window opens then press next.
- Then select the radio option and click on the radio button .
- Once the repair process is completed then click finish.
- Now reboot your system and check the QuickBooks whether the issue is resolved or not.
9. Method Nine: Resolve using QuickBooks repair tool
Firstly uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly reinstall QB using the clean install tool.
- After that update the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Then move to the file menu.
- Click on the Close company.
- After that again go to the file menu and press exit.
- Now click on the Run administrator.
- Make sure No company opens on the desktop screen.
- Choose the update QuickBooks from the help menu option.
- Then select the option.
- Firstly select mark all button and press on the save .
- After that click on the update now.
- After that press for reset update and then select Get update option.
- When the update process is done then the pop up will appear as the update successful .
- After that press the ESC key to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks desktop after getting the pop up to install the update.
- Click to yes option.
- When the update is completed then restart your system.
- 80029c4a error loading type library/dll
- QuickBooks 2016 80029c4a error code
- QuickBooks 2016 error code 80029c4a
- registertypelib failed 80029c4a
- QuickBooks pro 2015 error 80029c4a
- Unable to reinstall QuickBooks
- QuickBooks pro 2016 error code 80029c4a
Now, the moment of truth which will be positive for sure after all the hard work you have done. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder. Even after all these, the error is not willing to leave your system, you might have to get the hardware associated with the file removed as it is likely to be a hardware issue.
For any support reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop experts at QuickBooks Desktop supports phone number (Toll Free) 📞.
What are the major causes behind error code 80029c4a?
💠 Improper installation of QuickBooks application
💠 Incomplete downloading process of QuickBooks
💠 Important system files are missing or damaged.
💠 Corrupted files in Windows registry
💠 Damaged files with malware infection or virus
What are the symptoms of error code message 80029c4a in QuickBooks?
💠 Windows slow down
💠 A sudden crash of the active programs
💠 When the system freezes periodically
💠 Slow-down of the input device response
💠 Improper installation of the program
What is the Reboot.bat file?
It is known as a batch file that appears in the program folder of QuickBooks. It re-registers.OCX and. DLL files regarding Microsoft window. It contains the command-line programs used to reset the registry settings of Windows.