Like the code, the error is also complicated. You have waited long and now you have the installation kit of Intuit Inc. but to your shock and disgust, the installation doesn’t go right and you get the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. But don’t you panic and behave anxiously. You need to take a deep breath and find the solution. Be easy because here are the causes to this particular error and after that you can definitely get the work done that you had been trying to.
Reasons can be many but the most obvious one are the following that have been analyzed by the experts and we are to be aware in order to take the right steps to overcome it.
- One of the reasons can be the process of download which was corrupt or installation of QuickBooks pro software that was incomplete
- The registry to Windows from a recent QuickBooks pro related software either while installing or uninstalling could have been one reason
- The most important and quite frequently occurring cause can be Virus and Malware. If the Windows system file or the QuickBooks Pro Software file was infected, then it is pretty sure that this error might pop up
- Sometimes, it has also been observed that some program deletes your QuickBooks Pro related file by mistake
So now that you know what could have been the reasons for this error that was browning you off, then stay calm and follow the steps to get over that feeling and resume work?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
This method is the first one out of the steps you need to follow. For every problem in your QuickBooks, a universal solution is rebooting the system. It works like a charm.
This step can be followed when you feel that the QuickBooks software that you have is old enough and you need an update. Updates can be done freely during the life of the software which can install automatically if the setting has been chosen in that manner or else you can choose to update. Carefully check the version you have been using because if you are already using the latest version, you can skip this step. You should also be careful about updating the software if multi user mode is checked because doing this can force other users to update the version at a time when they must be really busy. If anyone skips it, the process will be null and void. You have to start it all over again later.
Up for Reboot.bat
This may sound Greek to many but it is a very important step to get the above error rectified. Reboot.bat is a batch file that is a product of the installation of the QuickBooks on your system. With this process, you are confirming if all the files of QuickBooks have been registered accurately. Before following this process of registry, you need to keep in mind the following points-
- No one is logged in to QuickBooks
- Everyone has exited the application and you are logged in to the Windows system as the administrator
Now find the file in your program files which you can do by opening Windows Explorer.
Find Reboot.bat and run it to install. After successful installation, restart our computer.
You can restart QuickBooks after closing all the applications so that the error is gotten rid of. This process usually helps in getting the error code fixed.
Uninstall and Reinstall
What works for majority of the QuickBooks users is uninstalling and installing QuickBooks again. While reinstalling, make sure all the users have been logged out of the system. This is to avoid any chaos or any further errors pertaining to QuickBooks installation.
Apart from all these processes you can do other small tweaks to your system that can help further in making your system free from such errors in future and expedite your work rather than cause lag. Additional steps that could help are mentioned below-
- You might want to do a full malware and virus scan to avoid vulnerability to such errors in future
- Junk files can lead to accumulating of dirt and load to your system. If this is cleared off, you can be a happy user (recommended disk cleanup cleanmgr)
- Updating your PC drivers can go a long way in making your system free from issue like this. Driver Doc by Microsoft Gold Partner is recommended tool for this update)
- Undoing recent system changes can help to some extent
- By Typing Command in the search area of the system and hitting enter only after you have held CTRL and SHIFT at the same time can help you run Windows file checker that will guide you through some steps of taking care of the error code
- Its best to stay updated, therefore it is recommended that you install all the Windows update that are available
- Windows Clean up can be the last resort because this will erase all the data that is in your hard drive. Only if you wish, you can opt for it.
Few other issues related to QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
- 80029c4a error loading type library/dll
- QuickBooks 2016 80029c4a error code
- QuickBooks 2016 error code 80029c4a
- registertypelib failed 80029c4a
- QuickBooks pro 2015 error 80029c4a
- Unable to reinstall QuickBooks
- QuickBooks pro 2016 error code 80029c4a
Now, the moment of truth which will be positive for sure after all the hard work you have done. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder. Even after all these, the error is not willing to leave your system, you might have to get the hardware associated with the file removed as it is likely to be a hardware issue.
For any support reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop experts at QuickBooks Desktop supports phone number (Toll Free) ✆+1-855-481-5338.
See Also Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057