About Intuit Printing Library Error
|Error Name:||Intuit Printing Library Error||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||This Company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Corrupted or damaged.ND files that block the QuickBooks from opening the file over the server, Inaccurate installation of QuickBooks also leads to this error issue.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||The system often crashes while running the same program, Performance of work processing goes slow down.||Possible Solution:||Correct the Configure firewall settings and open the network ports, Check and verify the hosting and services.|
Like other online accounting software, QuickBooks also has some error issues. QuickBooks Error H505 is one of the most irritating errors you might be facing, it happens when you try to open your company file and the user is required to meet some additional information.
No need to worry about all these issues, every approach comes with both advantages as well as disadvantages, QuickBooks in-built feature protects your data in every situation as they create backup files regularly. In this blog, you find complete information to resolve the QuickBooks errors.
Before fixing any problem, the user has to be sure about the symptoms and causes to implement a suitable solution. This error belongs to the series of 6000, H101, H102, H202, H303, and H505 and they are related to the hosting settings.
- Error Name: QuickBooks Error H505
- Appears: Window XP, 7,8, and Vista
- 1 About Intuit Printing Library Error
- 2 Symptoms – Indications of The Quickbooks Error Code H505
- 3 Reasons Behind Quickbooks H505 Error
- 4 How to Fix The QuickBooks Error Code H505?
- 4.1 ①. Method One: Create a new company file folder
- 4.2 ②. Method Two: Correct the Configure firewall settings and open the network ports
- 4.3 ③. Method Three: Check and verify the hosting and services
- 4.4 ④. Method Four: Make sure about the services are running accurately
- 4.5 ⑤. Method Five: User required to make new changes in the Host File
- 5 FAQ
Symptoms – Indications of The Quickbooks Error Code H505
When QuickBooks error code h505 comes up it indicates some signs and symptoms which are:
- QuickBooks Error Code H505 displayed on your screen
- The system often crashes while running the same program
- Window freezes for many seconds
- Performance of work processing goes slow down
All the given error messages appear while programming installation or when users startup or shut down the system or when a user attempts the installation of the Windows operating system.
Reasons Behind Quickbooks H505 Error
This error pops up on your screen when QuickBooks runs on a multi-user hosting setup. Most of the time this error happens when the user attempting failed to open the company file which is on another system. There are many more reasons, due to which this error interrupts.
All possible causes are listed below:
- Improper settings of Hosting configuration break the communication between QuickBooks and the company file
- Corrupted or damaged.ND files that block the QuickBooks from opening the file over the server
- QuickBooks DBXX or QBFC monitor services are not on the activated mode, they create many more issues.
- Inaccurate installation of QuickBooks also leads to this error issue
Brief Description: Various other roots that can cause the QuickBooks Error H505 are listed below:
- Unable to get the IP address of the Host computer: To get the IP address, you get a different informatics address while utilizing the QuickBooks information services manager.
- Incorrect DNS setting: Inappropriate DNS settings in the workstation field is one of the major reason of this error
- Wrong settings for the Hosting Configuration: Make sure you turned on your hosting server wherever your files are saved. Incorrect settings lead to many problems.
- QuickBooks Firewall Setting: Ensure the correct settings of the QuickBooks Firewall. It blocks the incoming/outgoing communication to the company files.
How to Fix The QuickBooks Error Code H505?
We will go through a wad of solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error code H505. So, make sure that you follow through with all the methods in an orderly manner:
- Create a new company file folder
- Correct the configure firewall settings and open the network ports
- Check and verify the hosting and services
- Make sure about the services are running accurately
- User required to make new changes in the Host File
Ensure due to which reason you face this issue and then choose the suitable solution:
①. Method One: Create a new company file folder
To create a new company file folder you should follow the below-mentioned steps:
- On your hosting system, firstly create a “Replacement Folder”
- After this, share your original folder and window access permission to split the company files
- If you are unable to access the system, then connect with an IT professional to find out the issue
- Then, go to a new folder and copied the .qbw file in the multi-user mode
- Now, you are all set to open the company file
②. Method Two: Correct the Configure firewall settings and open the network ports
Correct the configure firewall settings and open the network ports that QuickBooks prefers to transfer the data, just go with the below guidelines
- In the first step, open the windows firewall setting
- Hit the right click on the “Windows” to view the “Control panel”
- Write “Firewall” in the search box and then hit the Enter key
- Now, go to the “Windows Firewall” option and then choose the “Advanced Settings” option
- From the left menu, click on the “Outbound Rules”
- Choose the “New Rule” option
- Enter your click on the “Ports” and move forwards with the Continue button
- Give the next click on the TCP and in the particular local ports, you can enter the following ports:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 Firewall Ports – 8019,56728,55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 Firewall Ports – 8019,56726,55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015 Firewall Ports – 8019,56725,55363-55367
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017 Firewall Ports – 8019,56727,55373-55377
- After this, enter your click on the NEXT and choose the “Allow the Connection” option
- Hit the next click on the “Type-in name” in the name section
- Agree with displayed instructions and click on the “Finish” button
- Repeat the above steps for inbound rules
- Now, switch to the multi-user mode and open your QuickBooks to check whether the issue is resolved or not
A. Turn-on Network Discovery Mode
To turn on network discovery you need to use the below steps:
- Go to your Control Panel and then choose the “System and Security”
- Choose the “Windows Firewall”
- From the left panel, click on the “Permit Associate app or Feature on the Windows Firewall”
- Click on the “Modification” option
- Choose the “Network Discovery”
- Hit the OK button to finish the program
B. Know about your server name
If you want to know about your server then use the below steps:
- Go to your Run command and click on the “Windows + R” key
- Write the CMD in the search bar and hit the Enter key
- Enter the configuration and hit the Enter key
- Go to the IP configuration field and locate the “Host Name”
- Then, you can view your server name on the right side
- At last, hit the Save button to finish the program
③. Method Three: Check and verify the hosting and services
To resolve error h505 you should check and verify hosting and services using the below steps:
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks on each workstation but make sure this is not the hosting computer or the server)
- Choose the File and click on the “Utilities”
- If Host Multi-user access on the list menu then this system unable to hosting your company file
- If Host Multi-user accessible at the workstation, then you need to move to the next system
- If you find this message “Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access” then click on it
- User required to implement first three steps for each system
Ensure about the QuickBooks services with these following steps:
- Go to your Run box and hit the “Window + R” key simultaneously
- Then write “MSC” and hit the ENTER key
- Go to the window search bar and locate the Services.MSC
- From the service window, options, find and choose the QuickBooks DBXX service
- Enter your double-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and must be sure that startup processing is ready to run automatically and then Fixes enable to run
- Hit the click on the “Recovery” tab
- If you find any difficulty, then restart the QuickBooksDBXX service
- Wait until the process is not completed and click on the OK button to save all new changes
- For QBCFMonitorService, the user required to repeat the steps
- The next thing you have to do to open your QuickBooks on multi-user mode on every problematic system
- If you are still unable to fix this issue, then view to form a QuickBooks DBXXservice that is part of the administrator cluster.
④. Method Four: Make sure about the services are running accurately
By using these methods you can verify that the services are running accurately:
- The user has to access the service which is running on your computer by hitting on the Start Button
- After this, run the dialog box
- Write “Services.MSC” in the dialog box and the list of services will be displayed on your screen
- If you are utilizing Windows 10 then you access all services on your system just by hitting the “CTRL + SHIFT + Esc” key together to view the task manager.
Once the service list pops-up on your screen, follow the below guidelines
- Go to your name column and arrange it in an alphabetical order to locate the QuickBooksDBXX
- Hit the right-click on the Service and then choose the Properties
- Find the “startup” type and then set it as an automatic. Must be sure that the service status is listed as started
- If you unable to find any status then hit the click on the Start button which is located in the proper window
- Hit the next click on the Recovery tab and locate the first failure option
- Choose the “Restart the Service” option
- In that way, you can restart the services automatically and repeat the same steps for all problematic issues
Now, you are all set to run the services without any interruption but if you still face any issues after hitting the Start button
If you receive this message “Windows unable to start the QuickBooksDBXX service on the local computer” The QuickBooks account particularly for these services is different from the account specified for all services running in the same process. To fix this issue, perform the below steps :
- After login into your tab and hit the click on the Browser
- Go to the “Enter the object name to select ” section
- Then, enter your system’s name and click on the “Check Names”
- Hit the OK button and enter the administrator password when displayed
- Proceed further with displayed instructions and click on the OK button to close this process
- Go back to the QuickBooksDBXX properties
- Hit the Start button and close all running windows
- Restart the system to check whether the issue is resolved or not
⑤. Method Five: User required to make new changes in the Host File
If the user needs to make some changes in the host file, use the below pointers:
- Hit the first press Window + R key simultaneously to view the Run dialog box
- Go to the search bar and write “Cmd” and hit the enter key to view the command prompt window
- After this, write “ipconfig/all” and hit the Enter key to run the command
- Now, you have to write Hostname and IP address
- User required to repeat the same process for all systems having multi-user setup
To Edit the Window host file, the user is required to perform the below steps:
- First of all, shut down your QuickBooks and open the Start menu
- Give a click on the “This PC” and must be sure that you follow this address C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc.
- If you unable to find the windows folder then go with the below instructions
- Click on the View tab and choose the “Hidden Item” option
- All hidden files will appear on your screen
- After this, enter your click on the “Host” file
- And choose the open with Notepad option
- Enter the System name and IP address and all required details
- Make sure, you can choose a tab key instead of the space bar between the computer name and IP address
- At last, you can save your all-new changes and reopen the QuickBooks in the multi-user mode
Need Professional Help?
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
What is QuickBooks Error H505?
Generally, it appears when the user tries to open the company file which is accessible on another server. This error might be blocking your all running programs and freezing your running window.
How Can I Fix H505 Error instantly?
After getting the error H101, H202 or H505, make sure your system that hosts your company file should be that computer that hosts multi-user mode only. To avoid this type of error, the user should be turned the off-host multi-user accessible option on your workstation.
How can I change the firewall ports in QuickBooks?
💠 From the database server, click on the Start button
💠 Choose the Control Panel
💠 Hit the double click on the “Windows Firewall”
💠 From the left panel, choose the Advanced Settings
💠 Click on the “Inbound Rules” and then on “New Rule”
💠 Choose the Port button and check the TCP and particularly local ports.