What is Error Code 12029 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 12029 is a 12000 series error code also known as network time-out error. It indicates “backend servers failed to revert to QB within the allotted time duration”. The actual reasons behind the error are firewall and internet security preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server. Verify the Security Settings and authenticate the Internet Connectivity to fix the error.
Error: QuickBooks Error Code 12029
Error message: [Error 12029]. QuickBooks is failed to receive the IP address or servers
About QuickBooks Error Code 12029
|Error Code:||Error Code 12029||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||[Error 12029]. QuickBooks is failed to receive the IP address or servers.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Internet Connectivity issues with QuickBooks., SSL settings are incorrect.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||Windows operating system got frezon, QuickBook Desktop won’t respond or work.||Possible Solution:||Check the Internet connection., Installing or Updating QuickBooks Security certificate|
Keeping your Windows programs up to date is a must if you want them to run smoothly and efficiently. QuickBooks, like other Windows programs, requires regular updates. It’s also truly said that the majority of QuickBooks errors occur because software is not updated. It occurs because the QB update procedure necessitates the download and installation of external files on Windows, which must first be checked by the Windows operating system due to security concerns.
- 1 What is Error Code 12029 in QuickBooks
- 2 About QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- 3 Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- 4 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- 5 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- 6 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- 7 Ways of Fixing Quickbooks Error 12029
- 7.1 1. Solution One:
- 7.2 2. Solution Two:
- 7.3 3. Solution Three:
- 7.4 4. Solution Four: Installing or Updating QuickBooks Security certificate
- 7.5 5. Solution Five: Authenticate Internet Connectivity
- 7.6 6. Method Six: Open the Windows in a safe mode and then attempt to update
- 7.7 7. Method Seven: Re-configure QuickBooks Payroll and then restart your updates
- 7.8 8. Method Eight: Configure SSL Settings for Internet Explorer in QuickBooks
- 7.9 9. Method Nine: Clean Install of QuickBooks
- 8 FAQ
QuickBooks Error Code 12029 is one of such issues, which happens while downloading QuickBooks and payroll updates. The error occurs with an indication QuickBooks fails to access the server due to timed-out requests or can also happen due to internet latency. This article discloses its possible causes along with the most effective troubleshooting methods.
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error Code 12029
This error occurs when QuickBooks, or one of its payroll services, is updated.
Few internal Reasons:
- Internet Connectivity issues with QuickBooks.
- Timeout for QuickBooks updates.
- QuickBooks has connection troubles.
- QuickBooks is unable to connect to the server.
Few External Reasons:
- QuickBooks is unable to connect to the server due to Internet Security or a firewall.
- During the QuickBooks Payroll Download request, the network timed out.
- SSL settings are incorrect.
- Internet packets were dropped by unsupported browsers.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 12029
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error Code 12029
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error Code 12029
Ways of Fixing Quickbooks Error 12029
There are some certain fixes to resolve QuickBooks error code 12029, follow the given below are a few solutions to this error:
1. Solution One:
To do this, follow the given steps:
- Select ‘Help’ and then ‘Internet Connection Setup’.
- Then, select ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet’.
- Next, select ‘Next’, followed by ‘Done’.
- Now, try to update QuickBooks again.
- For QuickBooks 2008 and later, select ‘Help’, ‘Update QuickBooks’ and then select the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- For QuickBooks 2006 and earlier, select ‘File’, ‘Update QuickBooks’ and then select the ‘Update Now’ tab.
2. Solution Two:
Select the Update Now tab. Then, choose the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox and select the ‘Get updates’ button. If QuickBooks still can’t be updated.
Do the following:
- Check the Internet connection.
- Configure the security software and firewall settings by checking the configuration applications for security software and firewall.
- If the previous steps didn’t work, start Windows in ‘Safe Mode’ and try the download again.
3. Solution Three:
The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First, close QuickBooks. Now, users must open Internet Explorer and select ‘Tools’. Now, select ‘Internet Options’ and then the ‘Security’ tab. Now, select the globe icon at the top and ensure that security settings for this zone is ‘Medium-High’.
- Now, select the ‘Content’ tab and check that the content advisor button is in ‘Enable’ mode. Now, users must click this button and if the button says ‘Disable’, users must type in password and disable the content advisor.
- Next, users must choose the ‘Connections’ tab. First, users must choose ‘Never Dial a Connection’. If the dial-up node (DUN) isn’t visible, users must check if the correct ISP is selected. If the DUN is visible, users must select OK.
- Next, users must select the ‘LAN Settings’ button located at the bottom of the tab and ensure that the ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ checkbox is selected. Next, the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ box should be unchecked.Note down the complete address and port if the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ box is checked. If the port is not 80, ‘Use a Proxy Server’ shouldn’t be unchecked.
- Next, select Ok in the ‘LAN Settings’ screen.
- Now, users must select the ‘Advanced’ tab. First, they must select the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ button. Next, under ‘Settings’, users must check ‘Use TLS 1.0’, ‘Use TLS 1.1’ and ‘Use TLS 1.2’ options and check if the ‘Use TLS 1.0’ option is selected. Users must also ensure that the other two options aren’t selected.
- When this is done, users must OK to close the ‘Internet Options’ window and then exit Internet Explorer and restart the computer.
- Now, users must open QuickBooks and try updating it again.
4. Solution Four: Installing or Updating QuickBooks Security certificate
To do this consider the points listed below:
- To start with right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon and then select the Properties icon
- Next, go to the shortcut tab then click on the open file location and hit “Ok”
- Now, make a right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file and then select the Properties tab
- From the list, select the QuickBooks option and then click “Details” which appears under the “Digital Signatures” tab
- Once done then click on the option “View Certificate”
- After that, move to the General tab and select the “Install Certificate” option
- Make sure that you set the current user as the store location within the “Certificate Import Wizard” window followed by the clicking on the Next tab
- Hit the Next button once again and then click on the Finish button respectively
- To finish this procedure, click Ok and then you’re good to move further.
5. Solution Five: Authenticate Internet Connectivity
Below we have listed some steps to authenticate internet connectivity:
- First, open the Internet Explorer and access any safe website such as www.google.com
- Once you’re able to access without any difficulty and then you’re suggested to perform the below steps:
- Verify the Internet Connection for any mis-configurations
- After that, confirm that the date and time of the system should be correct
- Next, open the Internet Explorer and then at the top screen, click Tools
- Once done then select the Internet options
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and then click on the “Reset/Restore defaults”
- Hit “Apply” followed by the Ok button
- In the end, run the update for QuickBooks Desktop and payroll then check the status of QuickBooks Error Code 12029.
6. Method Six: Open the Windows in a safe mode and then attempt to update
It’s worth noting that starting Windows in safe mode can assist QuickBooks users in resolving error 12029.
The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Initially, press the Windows + I keys together from your console
- Go to the Update and Security and then hit the same
- Click the “Recovery” tab and then go to the “Advanced Startup” tab
- Carry out on-screen instructions and choose an option to restart your system
- You will observe that an option called open the system in safe mode with networking while restarting your PC.
- To complete the process, verify whether the error is resolved or not.
7. Method Seven: Re-configure QuickBooks Payroll and then restart your updates
If none of the above ways worked out, you can modify QuickBooks payroll and restart the updates.
The following are the steps involved:
- Wait around 10 seconds after unplugging the wireless router or internet switch
- Turn on the wireless router or internet switch after that, and check the internet latency presently
- After that, open QuickBooks and then the company file
- Then press the Ctrl + K buttons on your keyboard
- After that, select the option to edit
- The open payroll setup should then be unchecked.
- You simply wait till the process completes and then payroll updates continue further.
8. Method Eight: Configure SSL Settings for Internet Explorer in QuickBooks
If you’re having trouble updating payroll, open QuickBooks and go to the help menu, then click the internet connection options. Then, make sure QuickBooks is using the system’s internet connection. Also, select next, followed by advanced connection settings.
You must first check the internet properties, then select the advanced tab:
- In the beginning, verify use SSL 2.0 and use SSL 3.0
- Next, select the Connect tab followed by the Ok button
- Close QuickBooks Software and then restart your software
- In the end, go to the Help menu and then “Update Now” tab
Configure the SSL settings Internet Explorer outside the QuickBooks
- Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser
- Go to the Tools and then select the Internet options
- After that, go to the Advanced tab
- Select the checkboxes named SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 that are found within the Security
- At last, click Apply >>> Ok to close the current open window.
9. Method Nine: Clean Install of QuickBooks
Steps to Clean Install of QuickBooks:
- Reset QuickBooks updates and then try to download and install the QuickBooks Update
- After that, restart your system and confirm that the company file is open in single-user mode
- Once done then reset the Internet Explorer
- In a selective startup mode, perform a clean install of QuickBooks
The Steps involved in the QB Clean Install process:
- First, you have to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub from Intuit official website
- Go to the file location where you saved the download file and then install the program by performing the instructions appears on your screen
- To complete the installation process, click “I Accept” and then from the desktop, open the QB Tools Hub
- After selecting the installation issue, you have to click “Clean Install Tool”
- Choose the version of QB which was installed previously and click Continue
- After some time, a message appear stating that “Please Install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” and then click “Ok”
In case, you’re unable to access QB during the renaming of the folders, follow the below steps:
- Start the Windows Taskbar and then go to the Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab and then click “Image name” column header
- Select exe, QBDBMgern.exe, qbw32.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, and then click on END
- Finally, click on Yes when you will see any warning message on your screen.
Need Professional Help?
The above-mentioned steps should fix the error. If they don’t or if the users seek more information/assistance on the matter, they should get in touch with the QuickBooks Desktop experts Team at CALL NOW for 24X7 help.
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
How to update the QuickBooks to resolve the QB error 12029?
To update the QuickBooks, open the help menu and then hit the click on the “Update QuickBooks” option. From the available preferences, click on the “Update Now” option. The next thing you have to do to choose the updates that you want to download and then click on the “Get Updates” tab. Then, hit the Close button and restart the QuickBooks and a new window will appear on your screen to tell you to install the latest update now or later. Once you install it, it will locate and fix the issue.
Why does QuickBooks error code 12029 repeatedly pops-up on my screen?
QuickBooks error code is a network time-out error that defines that your software is unable to get up an IP address and then serves a link via a weak connection. The other strong reason is when trying to update the QuickBooks or payroll this error might appear due to a corrupted or damaged installation file.
Is any shortcut available to fix the QuickBooks error 12029?
No, there is no shortcut way to fix this error. But here you can find multiple solutions to resolve this error. You can update internet explorer settings or make sure about the correct internet connectivity. Then, you have to configure the SSL settings to get rid of this error or you can start your system in administrator mode. This is the best way to fix this error.