This error occurs when QuickBooks, or one of its payroll services, is updated.
Causes Behind The Quickbooks Error Code 12029
- Internet connectivity problems
- SSL settings are incorrect
- Security software or firewall settings blocking the connection
- Network timeout disallowing QuickBooks to access the server
- Internet Explorer isn’t the default browser
Ways of Fixing Quickbooks Error 12029
There are some certain fixes to resolve this error, Follow the given below are a few solutions to this error:
1. Solution One:
- Select ‘Help’ and then ‘Internet Connection Setup’.
- Then, select ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet’.
- Next, select ‘Next’, followed by ‘Done’.
- Now, try to update QuickBooks again.
- For QuickBooks 2008 and later, select ‘Help’, ‘Update QuickBooks’ and then select the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- For QuickBooks 2006 and earlier, select ‘File’, ‘Update QuickBooks’ and then select the ‘Update Now’ tab.
2. Solution Two:
Select the Update Now’ tab. Then, choose the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox and select the ‘Get updates’ button. If QuickBooks still can’t be updated.
Do the following:
- Check the Internet connection.
- Configure the security software and firewall settings by checking the configuration applications for security software and firewall.
- If the previous steps didn’t work, start Windows in ‘Safe Mode’ and try the download again.
3. Solution Three:
First, close QuickBooks. Now, users must open Internet Explorer and select ‘Tools’. Now, select ‘Internet Options’ and then the ‘Security’ tab. Now, select the globe icon at the top and ensure that security settings for this zone is ‘Medium-High’.
Now, select the ‘Content’ tab and check that the content advisor button is in ‘Enable’ mode. Now, users must click this button and if the button says ‘Disable’, users must type in password and disable the content advisor.
Next, users must choose the ‘Connections’ tab. First, users must choose ‘Never Dial a Connection’. If the dial-up node (DUN) isn’t visible, users must check if the correct ISP is selected. If the DUN is visible, users must select OK.
Next, users must select the ‘LAN Settings’ button located at the bottom of the tab and ensure that the ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ checkbox is selected. Next, the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ box should be unchecked.Note down the complete address and port if the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ box is checked. If the port is not 80, ‘Use a Proxy Server’ shouldn’t be unchecked.
Next, select Ok in the ‘LAN Settings’ screen.
Now, users must select the ‘Advanced’ tab. First, they must select the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ button. Next, under ‘Settings’, users must check ‘Use TLS 1.0’, ‘Use TLS 1.1’ and ‘Use TLS 1.2’ options and check if the ‘Use TLS 1.0’ option is selected. Users must also ensure that the other two options aren’t selected.
When this is done, users must OK to close the ‘Internet Options’ window and then exit Internet Explorer and restart the computer.
Now, users must open QuickBooks and try updating it again.
Need Professional Help?
The above-mentioned steps should fix the error. If they don’t or if the users seek more information/assistance on the matter, they should get in touch with the QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Team at this toll-free number 📞+1-855-481-5338 for 24X7 help.