QuickBooks is known across the world for its impeccable accounting and finance related services. It handles everything that concerns your company’s monetary related operations. The fact that it is extremely user-interactive and feature-rich platform makes it utilized by millions of small and medium-sized corporations around the world. However, at times errors, i.e.
QuickBooks Error Codes 6150 can create a great hindrance for you. Realizing that it could make things more hectic for you if the problem isn’t resolved in time, our Accountingerrors help-team is here to provide you with the solution to this error in a short and precise way.
QuickBooks Error Codes 6150: At times when you try to access any file, your operation is hindered by an error and a message is displayed on your screen stating: ‘We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150,-1006).’
- 1 Why does QuickBooks Error 6150 take place?
- 2 How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6150?
- 3 FAQ
Why does QuickBooks Error 6150 take place?
Sometimes this error pops-up when the company file gets damaged due to some unforeseeable reasons. Other times it is Cryptowall Virus infecting your computer. To figure out whether it is the virus or some other reason, check the folder that contains QuickBooks files. If DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS (.txt or .html), then the computer is already infected.
- Company file (.qbw) gets damaged, You are creating a portable backup file.
- You are trying to open a portable file without opening the QuickBooks .
- Incorrect extension of QuickBooks company file or changed.
- And you are trying to store QuickBooks for Macintosh backup files in QuickBooks for windows .
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6150?
You need to restore your company file from a backup. To do so, just follow this simple method to resolve this error for good.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows OS and go to Menu, from there you need to click on Open or Restore Company.
- Next, you need to click on Open or Restore a Backup Copy, click Next post it.
- Now click on Local Backup and press the Next
- Another option named Look In drop-down will appear, from here select the part where the backup file is located.
- The file we want to select will be qbb. Select it.
- Next, you need to click on Open followed by Next
- There will be another drop-down named Save-in, from here navigate to the location where you want to save the file.
- Type the name of the file in the field named File Name. When you select Save As type make sure that *.QBW extension is the format.
- Click on Save option and carefully maneuver through all the information that appears on the screen.
Following these simple solutions will ensure the complete fixing of the QuickBooks Error 6150.
Need Professional Help?
However, if you need assistance with the procedure or with any other QuickBooks related product, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party QuickBooks Assistance providers who happen to have one of the best QuickBooks Help Desks which comprises of extremely experienced technical experts. To get in touch with one of the QuickBooks Tech Support Experts, you can call at their toll-free helpline 📞.
How to check the crypto wall for resolving QuickBooks error code 6150?
To check the crypto walls the steps are:-
1. Open the File Explorer
2. Locate or search for QuickBooks folder and then open it
3. You can find this folder in the C: drive
4. Find the file with name decrypt or instructions that have extensions .html or .txt
5. If you get these files then go to the antivirus provider so that you can remove these files.
What error messages display on the screen in case of QuickBooks error code 6150?
The error messages are:-
1. We are sorry. QuickBooks could not open your company file.
a. We will try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.
b. If the problem still continues, reach support for assistance and report error code 6150.
2. If problem occurs, connect with Intuit Technical Support and provide the error code 6150
3. The error happens when QuickBooks tries to create, open, and use the QUickBooks company file. Please try again
How can I use ADR Recovery for fixing QuickBooks error code 6150?
1. You have to restore your old transaction by using the current transaction log file with a copy of company file of QuickBooks
2. Restore all but restore the transactions of the last few hours with the copy of transaction log file and company file both.