Events, such as Id 4, should be ignored if users can access QuickBooks. This event that’s seen in the ‘Event Viewer’ is only informational. This issue is generally resolved when QuickBooks is updated to the latest release.
- 1 Reason behind the QuickBooks error event id 4
- 2 Updating QuickBooks
- 3 Checking if the release patch is the latest
- 4 Downloading and installing release updates
- 5 FAQ
Reason behind the QuickBooks error event id 4
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- Attack of virus or malware.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks .
- There is a problem with the windows registry.
- QuickBooks files are erased by the other third party application.
Users can update QuickBooks to the latest release. Turning on ‘Automatic Update’ lets QuickBooks download the latest updates, even if the program isn’t running. Manual updates are done once every month.
Checking if the release patch is the latest
Users must keep QuickBooks open and press F2 or Ctrl + 1. This will open the ‘Product Information’ window, where users can check the latest version and release.
Downloading and installing release updates
Some minor changes are made to the database while updating to anew release, such as from R3P t R5P. But these changes won’t make the data file incompatible with previous releases.
1. Manual update:
A. Downloading from the internet
- On the updates page, users must ensure that the product is selected. If it isn’t, they must select the ‘Change’ link and select their QuickBooks product. Then, select ‘Update’, followed by ‘Save’ to update the file to the desktop.
- Once the download is completed, users must double-click the file to install it. The system might have to be restarted after the installation is completed.
- Manual updates can be installed across the network by accessing the install file on the user’s computer from another computer, or by copying the file on a flash drive ad then on another computer’s desktop.
B. Downloading from within QuickBooks
- Select ‘Close Company/Logoff’ in the ‘File’ menu. If several files are open in QuickBooks, this must be done for each file. Now, select ‘File’-> ‘Exit’.
- Next, users must right-click on The QuickBooks icon the desktop and select ‘Run as Administrator’. Users must be in the ‘No Company Open’ window and select ‘Update QuickBooks’ in the ‘Help’ menu.
- Now, select ‘Options’ and then the ‘Mark All’ button, followed by ‘Save’. Then, select ‘Update Now’. Next, select ‘Reset Update’, followed by the ‘Get Updates’ button. When users see the ‘Update Complete’ message, they must close QuickBooks.
- Now, reopen QuickBooks and if the message to install update appears, select ‘yes’. Restart the computer once the installation is completed.
Ultra Light Patch (ULIP) in QuickBooks allows delivery of minor critical fixes without any actual release patch. For applying critical fixes, users must follow the steps mentioned in the previous option. ‘Critical Fixes’ must be chosen before downloading the updates.
2. Automatic Update
A. Updating immediately
- First, select ‘Update QuickBooks’ in the ‘Help’ menu. Then, select ‘Update Now’ tab in the ‘Update QuickBooks’ window. Don’t make any changes in the table.
- Optionally, users can check the ‘Reset Update’ box to delete earlier update downloads.
- Now, select ‘Get Updates’. The latest release will start downloading and the computer will have to be restarted to install the update. Users must choose the option for installing new release while restarting QuickBooks.
B. Updating in the future
- Users must select ‘Update QuickBooks’ in the ‘Help’ menu and then the ‘Options’ tab in the ‘Update QuickBooks’ window. Next, choose the ‘Yes’ radio button for switching on automatic updates.
- Now, select ‘Close’. QuickBooks will download the update once it’s released.
Need Professional Help?
Related Post – Get Help to Fix QuickBooks Error 12157
How to check the release patch version in QB to fix the QuickBooks error event Id 4?
Open your QuickBooks and then press the F2 to view the product information window. Then, you can check and verify the current version that you are using.
How would I fix the QuickBooks Error Event Id 4 quickly?
You can fix this error in multiple ways but the best and fastest way to fix this error is to reinstall the QuickBooks software by using the clean install tool or you can also use QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool. To fix this error, you can also check and reinstall the .NET Framework on windows
How can I update the QuickBooks manually while fixing the QuickBooks error event Id?
Open the help menu and then choose the QuickBooks update and hit the click on the Update Now tab. Choose the “Get Updates” option to start the downloading princess. When downloading is completed then restart your QuickBooks. Accept all terms & conditions and then you are all resolved with this error.