Dealing with certain problem in QuickBooks may not be that easy, for instance the likes of H 101, H202, H303 and H305. While H202 is an individual error message, the other three H101, H303 and H505 appear as one error.
H202 is the error message that pops up on the screen when you are working on one computer while the file you are trying to locate is on the other computer and the message is not getting passed on to the server of the other computer.
H101, H303, H505 is seen when you are obstructed from accessing file on the other computer as it needs additional installation and setup.
Causes of QuickBooks Error : H101, H202, H303, H505
Some of the barriers to smooth working of QuickBooks and resulting in the above mentioned pain in the neck are the following-
- If the hosting mode is any other computer is turned on too as hosting needs to be turned on only on the server system
- There is a strong firewall setting configured
- The configuration file .ND allowing QuickBooks to communicate with the other computer is either damaged or corrupt
- IP address of the server computer is unable to be located
- Configurations are done in a manner that only files through host are allowed
- Services of QuickBooks, QuickBooksDBXX or QBCF monitor are not active indicating it needs to be started instantly
The errors can happen when the multi user mode is on. So before you start with the troubleshooting methods, make sure to switch that mode off. It can do a lot to get things done in a faster manner.
How to fix QuickBooks Error: H101, H202, H303, H505?
Solutions provided by Intuit for each error in QuickBooks are unique in nature and several. You can try your hand with no fear as they are sure shot methods that will not disappoint you. For this error message, there are possible three solutions. It is imperative that these solutions are tried in sequence.
1. Method One:
The first and the most important solution is the downloading and installation of QuickBooks File Doctor to the server station or any computer that is encountering the H series error. This file is an integral part of the system fix that by its mechanism detects the error and successfully resolves the multi-user error. It should be the first and the last solution step that will make sure you don’t have to go any further.
2. Method Two:
Sometime the best also doesn’t work. The same can be with Intuit’s first solution for the H series error. Nothing is yet a disaster.
You can move on to the next step. The solution surrounds checking and verifying hosting services.
- It is very important to check whether hosting is enabled or not because this is one of the most important checkmarks in this solution
- Now you need to open QuickBooks and choose File>Utilities on any computer other than the server computer
- On the Utilities if you see Host Multi-User access, nothing should be tweaked
- On the other hand, if Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is visible, choose that
- You need to Click on Yes to confirm
- You will see Company File Must be Closed window, click Yes
- The steps need to be repeated on each computer
- Now the QuickBooks services need to be verified. Following the instructions, it should be made sure that QuickBooksDBXX is double clicked so that the startup type is enabled to automatic and service status is started
- Click on the Recovery Tab to proceed
- The drop down menu needs to be clicked for first failure and Restart the service needs to be selected
- QuickBooksBD service will resume. The same to be repeated for same and successive failures
- Click OK to save changes
- The same steps to be repeated for QBCFMonitor Service
- It should be kept in kind that on each computer, QuickBooks is used on multi-user mode
- The problem should get resolved following these steps. However, if it doesn’t, try to make sure that the QuickBooksDBXX service has the necessary permission being a member of the administrator
3. Method Three:
The final step that can definitely help you get rid of the error is to open the network ports which QuickBooks uses in order to transmit data. In this step the first baby step to be taken to give you a sigh of relief is configuring Firewall. It has been proved that AVG Anti-virus 2013 free and QuickBooks have tooth and nail relationship, so it is mandate that you get rid of that antivirus 2013 free from windows 8.
Firewall need to be accesses in order to proceed:
- For Windows 10, reach Windows Firewall and select Advanced Settings
- For Windows 8, the same method to be followed
- For Windows Vista/Windows7/Windows Server 2008, enter Firewall to reach Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Now on the left you will see outbound rules, right click on that and choose New Rule. The rules may vary for Windows Vista/7 and Windows server 2008
- Now choose Ports and then click on Next
- Select TCP from the option and enter the following ports in the specific local ports- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377, for QuickBooks 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372, for QuickBooks 2016: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367 and for QuickBooks 2014: 8019, 56724, 55358-55362
- Follow the instruction and select Allow the Connection
- Now click Next and enter the name of the port and then click on Finish
- Now open QuickBooks in Multi-user mode and identify the name of the server if you don’t know it
- Enter Ping and then press Enter
- If you still can’t see any result for packet data, it is time you consult a professional in this field
- Now check to see if the path to your company file is on the network drive and begins with a drive letter too, the drive is mapped and you are good to go
- In the Title bar, if you see the UNC bar, make your way through it to reach the company file
That’s your solution for sure. The steps mentioned are promising and should help if you facing the error of H series. These are the proven steps which have never let down any user. If it still doesn’t will to work, you need to get in touch with an IT professional who will give you a helping hand to get the bone down your throat. For expert help, Call us ✆+1-855-481-5338.
Read Also – QuickBooks Direct Deposit Payroll Services