What is QuickBooks File Doctor
As the name suggests Doctor, like the professionals it also heals certain damages or corruptions in any of your QuickBooks file. It can also help in repairing any damages in Windows or any problem related to the network setup. Imagine how would you feel when you are trying to get something fixed and the tool itself isn’t responding?
QuickBooks File doctor is an important element of troubleshooting steps when the files in your system won’t respond for various reasons. Files that have stopped responding are taken care of by the QuickBooks File Doctor which diagnoses the problem and gives a possible solution. It is a file that works absolutely efficiently making life easy for most of the firms and employers to get issues cropping up resolved. However, the company files may not open the following reasons-
- The file size for QuickBooks Pro is more than the set limit that is 200 MB and the file size for QuickBooks Enterprise is more than 450 MB
- If you are short of resources like RAM, network interface cards, virtual memory, network cables and other such things
- If UPS is missing, then a sudden drop in the power or sudden power cut can lead to the damage of the data in the Hard Drive
- If the last time, the system wasn’t closed or the files not closed properly
- If you don’t have an active anti-virus software, in that case too, you might have the problem
- If the hard drive has been infected by any evil element that makes the files store in it vulnerable to any possible damages
In order to take care of the causes and helping you open the file and work on them, QuickBooks File Doctor is the ultimate resort. You can never go wrong with it. It will never give up on you. But who takes the accountability if the other factors governing the running of this file don’t work the way they are supposed to. As a result the File Doctor doesn’t open up or takes ages to open. This can be absolutely annoying causing stress and delay in some important deadlines to be accomplished.
Causes of QuickBooks File Doctor not opening
For all the above mentioned issues, apart from other troubleshooting steps, there is the doctor to have a look on the causes and cure the files accordingly. However for some reason the File Doctor might not open and the most obvious reasons could be that either the files didn’t have the extensions .qbw or .qba. Other reason can be that the File doctor wasn’t closed properly or it has not been updated. Another very important and the most dominating element about using File Doctor is that it works only with the QuickBooks Version of the United States. If you have QuickBooks version of Canada or the United Kingdom, the file may cease to work.
How to fix the problem “QuickBooks file doctor won’t open”
As it is believed that there is a solution to every problem, no matter how grave or serious the situation is. The same, I guess applies for the QuickBooks File Doctor. You can do a quick diagnosis yourself and get this sorted at your end. The simplest method is to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks File Doctor. Here’s how you can be helped-
- Download the most updated version of QuickBooks File Doctor from a trusted source (For Download Click here)
- Find the tool in your system either on the desktop or try locating it
- Once located, make sure you check whether you have internet on the system and all the Windows files are updated
- Now double click on the QuickBooks File doctor icon and start installing it by following the instructions that follow
- You should also make sure that the QuickBooks version you have installed is USA made and not of any other make
- You must be logged in to the system as none other but administrator
- Check to see if the Multi user mode is enabled. If it is on, you need to get it disabled
- If you are opening the file on network server, make sure that the hosting is turned on, on the other hand if you are working on workstation, you may skip this process
- Make sure to configure firewall so that port 8019 is accessible by the tool and other QuickBooks application on the client and server
- You must also configure the firewall for the QuickBooks File Doctor to open the Dynamic database. Don’t forget to configure firewall to all your server and client computers
- Firewall once configured should be enabled to work with QuickBooks with no difficulty
After everything has been checked and completed, restart your system. A fresh start to anything can help in getting many uphill tasks easy and smooth. Restarting will ensure to clear out all the dirt that had got accumulated owing to continuous use and will make the system traffic free. Once the system is up, open the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the company files. It should work. QuickBooks File doctor is an integral part of QuickBooks; therefore a close look at its health by keeping it and other element of your system updated and active can help you solve most of your issue without going through a task that is tedious.
For more info, Call us ✆+1-855-481-5338.
Related Post – Fix: QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -11118