- 1 What is QuickBooks File Doctor
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks File Doctor not opening
- 3 Some of The Most Common Quickbooks File Doctor Not Working Error Messages You Might Face
- 4 Compatibility of QuickBooks File Doctor
- 5 How to fix the problem “QuickBooks file doctor won’t open”
- 6 FAQ
What is QuickBooks File Doctor
As the name suggests Doctor, like the professionals it also heals certain damages or corruptions in any of your QuickBooks file. It can also help in repairing any damages in Windows or any problem related to the network setup. Imagine how would you feel when you are trying to get something fixed and the tool itself isn’t responding?
QuickBooks File doctor is an important element of troubleshooting steps when the files in your system won’t respond for various reasons. Files that have stopped responding are taken care of by the QuickBooks File Doctor which diagnoses the problem and gives a possible solution. It is a file that works absolutely efficiently making life easy for most of the firms and employers to get issues cropping up resolved.
Causes of QuickBooks File Doctor not opening
However, the company files may not open the following reasons-
- The file size for QuickBooks Pro is more than the set limit that is 200 MB and the file size for QuickBooks Enterprise is more than 450 MB
- If you are short of resources like RAM, network interface cards, virtual memory, network cables and other such things
- If UPS is missing, then a sudden drop in the power or sudden power cut can lead to the damage of the data in the Hard Drive
- If the last time, the system wasn’t closed or the files not closed properly
- If you don’t have an active anti-virus software, in that case too, you might have the problem
- If the hard drive has been infected by any evil element that makes the files store in it vulnerable to any possible damages
- Accessing the incorporated files can cause the problem
- You were trying to restore the files but not succeeded
- Updated the files
- When you try to convert the old version of a company file over a network.
- When you miss out on a few of the important quickbooks files while the installation process is in progress.
- The error can pop out when the files are misplaced, corrupted or damaged
In order to take care of the causes and helping you open the file and work on them, QuickBooks File Doctor is the ultimate resort. You can never go wrong with it. It will never give up on you. But who takes the accountability if the other factors governing the running of this file don’t work the way they are supposed to. As a result the File Doctor doesn’t open up or takes ages to open. This can be absolutely annoying causing stress and delay in some important deadlines to be accomplished.
For all the above mentioned issues, apart from other troubleshooting steps, there is the doctor to have a look on the causes and cure the files accordingly. However for some reason the File Doctor might not open and the most obvious reasons could be that either the files didn’t have the extensions .qbw or .qba. Other reason can be that the File doctor wasn’t closed properly or it has not been updated. Another very important and the most dominating element about using File Doctor is that it works only with the QuickBooks Version of the United States. If you have QuickBooks version of Canada or the United Kingdom, the file may cease to work.
Some of The Most Common Quickbooks File Doctor Not Working Error Messages You Might Face
List of most common error messages users see when they got the file doctor not working error;
- QBFD.msi error in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks File Doctor Blank
- QuickBooks File Doctor won’t Open
- QB File Doctor Not Opening
- QuickBooks File Doctor Network Connectivity Greyed Out
- QBFD is Trying To Log In To The Company File
- What Are The Areas That QuickBooks File Doctor Can Fix
- QuickBooks File Doctor Not Responding
- QuickBooks File Doctor Stuck On Checking Connectivity
- QuickBooks File Doctor Hosting Mode Is Off
- QB File Doctor Check Network Connectivity Grayed Out
- QuickBooks File Doctor Has Stopped Working
- QuickBooks File Doctor Repairing Company File Login
- QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working
- QuickBooks File Doctor File In Use
- QuickBooks File Doctor .net Framework
- QuickBooks File Doctor Hangs
- QuickBooks File Doctor Fails
Compatibility of QuickBooks File Doctor
- Quickbooks File Doctor is the integrated part of quickbooks built-in-tool for quickbooks desktop 2016 & later versions & works very well with windows versions.
- Quickbooks File Doctor is not compatible with any version of Quickbooks for Mac versions.
How to fix the problem “QuickBooks file doctor won’t open”
As it is believed that there is a solution to every problem, no matter how grave or serious the situation is. The same, I guess applies for the QuickBooks File Doctor. You can do a quick diagnosis yourself and get this sorted at your end.
1. Method One: Uninstall & Reinstall The Quickbooks File Doctor
The simplest method is to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Here’s how you can be helped:
- Download the most updated version of QuickBooks File Doctor from a trusted source (For Download Click here)
- Find the tool in your system either on the desktop or try locating it
- Once located, make sure you check whether you have internet on the system and all the Windows files are updated
- Now double click on the QuickBooks File doctor icon and start installing it by following the instructions that follow
- You should also make sure that the QuickBooks version you have installed is USA made and not of any other make
- You must be logged in to the system as none other but administrator
- Check to see if the Multi user mode is enabled. If it is on, you need to get it disabled
- If you are opening the file on network server, make sure that the hosting is turned on, on the other hand if you are working on workstation, you may skip this process
- Make sure to configure firewall so that port 8019 is accessible by the tool and other QuickBooks application on the client and server
- You must also configure the firewall for the QuickBooks File Doctor to open the Dynamic database. Don’t forget to configure firewall to all your server and client computers
- Firewall once configured should be enabled to work with QuickBooks with no difficulty
- After everything has been checked and completed, restart your system. A fresh start to anything can help in getting many uphill tasks easy and smooth. Restarting will ensure to clear out all the dirt that had got accumulated owing to continuous use and will make the system traffic free. Once the system is up, open the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the company files. It should work. QuickBooks File doctor is an integral part of QuickBooks; therefore a close look at its health by keeping it and other element of your system updated and active can help you solve most of your issue without going through a task that is tedious.
2. Method Two: Launch Quickbooks File Doctor Manually
To launch the quickbooks file doctor manually, you just need to follow mentioned below steps:
- First of all, just launch the application & wait until the system displays “No Company Open” message on screen.
- Now go to the file then Utilities & then Repair file & network Problems
- When you find a dialogue box on your screen than click on Ok (Quickbooks file doctor restarts the application with administrator rights)
- Now click on Yes, which appears on the dialogue box.
- Now click on the wrench icon to start the quickbooks file doctor application & then click on continue.
- Now fill up the credentials to log in to your file.
- Now the process of repairing your file will start.
- Now go to advanced settings options & then select “file diagnosis only” then click on next.
- After the system prompts, open your file & check for issues fixed or repairs needed.
3. Method Three: Try to Restore The Backup of Corrupted QBW File
To restore the corrupted QBW file, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
- First of all, make sure to create a backup of the corrupted or damaged file, which will be used in later stages.
- Now Open the quickbooks & move head to File option >> Click on “Open or Restore Company” option.
- Now click on “Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy” & click on the next button.
- Now select the option named “Local Backup” & then click on the Next button.
- Now, you’ll find a drop-down, where you must find & choose the Backup file location.
- Now, You have to select the file having a “.QBB” extension & then move ahead by clicking on “open” option & then click on “Next” button.
- Now, you’ll see a “Save in Drop-Down”. Where you have to select the location for “Restore the Files”.
- You must put the name of the file in the name field. A “Save as” field will automatically pop up with the entry of the “*.QBW” file.
- Now, you just need to press the “Save” button to complete the restoration procedure.
4. Method Four: Turn off Hosting Mode & Configure Antivirus Software
To turn off the hosting mode & configure antivirus software, you must follow the mentioned below steps:
- First of all, Open the McAfee software & click over “Web & Email Protection” option.
- Straight head to Firewall & click on “Ports & System Services”
- Now, Click on the “Add” button
- Type the “eMule” under the services name. In Local TCP/IP ports, type the TCP data for your Quickbooks application.
- Now, under the Local UDP Port, type the TCP data for your Quickbooks application.
- Under the “Open ports too” You just need to choose “All PC”
- At last click on the “Save” button & restart your system.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞.
Related Post – Fix: QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -11118
Why QuickBooks File Doctor Won’t open?
This error happens when the user installs the corrupted or damaged files of QuickBooks File Doctor. This tool is one of the best options to detect and correct all QB-related errors. To avoid these errors, check and ensure that you installed the latest version of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool (From the official intuit website).
How would I resolve the QuickBooks File Doctor won’t open?
To fix this error, you need to restore the QuickBooks File Doctor from the saved folder and then update the latest version of the QuickBooks or you can manually launch the QuickBooks Doctor File.
What are the bad effects of QuickBooks File Doctor won’t open?
This tool automatically detects and corrects most of the QuickBooks errors. If the user can’t open the file then the error message appears on your screen repeatedly and interrupts your current work.