This error occurs when post is made to QuickBooks. If the Direct Connect method is used to connect ESC then this error will appear in ESC client. If ESC Accounting Server is used to connect QuickBooks with ESC, then the error will be noticed in that particular program and as a result ESC hangs.
Reason behind the QuickBooks Found an Error When Parsing the Provided Xml Text Stream:
Illegal characters present in XML data that ESC sends to QuickBooks can be one of the reason behind this error. This error appears due to the pasting of data directly to ESC from other program. It may also occur due to the usage of invalid symbol in some fields.
- This error caused ,you may have a special character, QuickBooks desktop cannot support.
- Using of invalid symbols.
- And if you are pasting another program data directly into the ESC .
1. First Solution:
- Click on Invoice List view by opening the Sales menu. Locate Unlisted Invoices list, under Views panel
- Get the invoice numbers recorded for the unposted invoices, for the duration that you want to post on QuickBooks
- Post the invoices individually, not as per the period, by returning to Post to QuickBooks screen, mentioned under File menu. Keep on posting the invoices individually, till the time error appears. It will help you to recognise while invoice contains the illegal character
- Then open that particular invoice in screen of Sales Invoicing in ESC and go through each of the line item. If you find any text that was copy pasted out if the ESC and then pasted to the invoice, then delete it and add the text manually by typing. This will help removing the hidden characters and formatting that was copy pasted in ESC and is not visible. Check that item description does not have any special characters other than standard punctuation marks
- After correcting the invoice, re-save it
- Get back to Post to QuickBooks, mentioned under File menu and then post the invoice to the QuickBooks. This invoice now will get posted without any disruption or error. Post other invoices too, to QuickBooks by following the normal procedure.
If the error doesn’t stop occuring then keep repeating the process, untill you correct all the invoices.
2. Second Solution:
- Remove the illegal characters from XML stream, in order to get rid of the issue. To get this done, complete the instructions present on your computer system, that try posting invoices to the QuickBooks
- Open Start screen or Start Menu in Windows and write %APPDATA% and click on Enter
- When you see that Application Data folder is visible on screen then open the folder of ESC from the given list
- Now get the QBXML.log file deleted from this folder’s contents
- Try again posting to QuickBooks. Same error should be created, click on OK to close it
- If you are trying to connect to QuickBooks through ESC Accounting Server, then you will notice that ESC client hangs. By using task manager, end program and restart it
- While making attempt to post the QBXML.log file regenerates in the directory of Application Data\ESC. Check the last entry by opening the QBXML.log file. Here you will be able to see the transaction that is causing the error
- Search for the illegal characters by opening the record in ESC. Remove these illegal characters and re-save records
Keep repeating the steps, if errors some additional errors are popping up. Do this, till the time post starts working properly.
To get better assistance on these issues, you can also contact QuickBooks Technical Support team. We possess complete technical knowledge of QuickBooks and related products. QuickBooks customer support team could be easily contacted through our toll free number. In case you are unable to reach them through the toll free number ✆ 1-855-481-5338, then you can send your queries to QuickBooks Technical Support experts through email or chat.