QuickBooks Install Fatal error occurs in multiple scenarios including while trying to open QB, during the installation of QuickBooks POS. Fatal error becomes frustrating for users as it doesn’t clearly state the reason of the failure or sometimes, you may not be able to proceed your work further on your accounting application. There are few reasons that are responsible for triggering fatal errors that will be discussed in the below section of this blog.
Once you know the exact reason then it will be easy to rectify QuickBooks Install Fatal error. After deeply analyzing the Fatal error, we have come with this blog to entail you all possible ways along with the reasons which may help you to figure out the error. So, stay tuned!
- 1 Reasons that arises QuickBooks Install Fatal Error
- 2 How to resolve QuickBooks Install Fatal Error?
- 3 Additional Troubleshooting to fix QuickBooks install Fatal Error
- 4 FAQ
Reasons that arises QuickBooks Install Fatal Error
A software installation file and a QuickBooks setup file are required to install QuickBooks (any editions). If any of these fail to function correctly, QuickBooks Fatal Error during installation may occur.
There are a few more reasons for this QuickBooks Error, which are given below:
- This QuickBooks Error might occur when the Windows installer file is corrupted.
- There’s a chance that the data in your QuickBooks company file has been damaged or corrupted.
- One of the possible causes for the error to occur is a disrupted Internet connection.
- When the installation file for QuickBooks POS is corrupted, the Fatal Error is likely to arise in QuickBooks POS edition.
How to resolve QuickBooks Install Fatal Error?
To fix QuickBooks Install Fatal Error, we’ll use one of three methods: updating POS with the most recent installation file, repairing the Windows installer file, or doing a clean installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale. Let’s explore these methods one by one:
Method 1: Update your QuickBooks POS using External Patch
- Start with updating QuickBooks POS with the most recent patch
- Select Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del simultaneously
- QBPOSShell.exe, QBPOSDBService.exe, and qbpos.exe are the processes to look for under the Process tab
- Select End Task by right-clicking each process
- To confirm, select the “Yes” tab
- Once all of the processes have completed, use Windows + R keys together to open the Run window and then type services.msc in the text box
- The QBPOS Database Manager service can be found by scrolling down the services list after clicking Ok
- Select Stop by right-clicking the service
- Now go to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\UPDATE and use Ctrl + A to select all of the files in the folder (If the folder is empty, make sure that Windows allows you to see hidden files)
- In the end, you’ve selected all of the files, hit the “Yes” button followed by pressing the “Delete” button.
If the problem persists, go to the next step in the troubleshooting process.
Method 2: Repair the Windows Installer File
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R and then type services.msc
- Select Windows Installer from the list of services and click Ok
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click the service
- Select Manual from the Startup Type drop-down menu and hit the Ok tab
- Now, do a right-click on the service and choose Start from the left-hand panel
- Look for the most up-to-date Windows Installer Update link and download the file
- Restart Windows after installing the file from the downloads
- Check the status of the Fatal Error in QuickBooks after reinstalling QuickBooks POS.
Method 3: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks POS
- QuickBooks POS can be uninstalled via the Control Panel’s Add or Remove Programs
- From the Intuit official website, you can get the most recent POS installation file
- Start the installation by double-clicking the installation file from the downloads
- To finish the installation, follow the instructions that appears on your screen
- After the installation, open QuickBooks POS.
Additional Troubleshooting to fix QuickBooks install Fatal Error
Method 1: Suppress the Desktop while starting your QuickBooks
- On your keyboard, hold down the Ctrl key
- To use QuickBooks, double-click the program’s icon
- Hold down the Ctrl key until the “No Company Open” message appears.
Method 2: Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File
- Select the relevant company file from the No Company Open window by clicking on it
- Click Open while holding down the Alt key on your keyboard
- If you’re prompted for your login details, release the Alt key and type your User Name and Password
- If you are not prompted for your User Name and Password, do not release the Alt key
- Click Ok after pressing and holding the ALT key
- Wait until your file is entirely open before releasing the Alt key
- If you can highlight a QuickBooks menu by simply hovering your pointer over it, QuickBooks will display a blank screen, indicating that your company file is totally open.
Method 3: Create a new Windows Administrator
- Press the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run window
- Type Control Panel and then click Ok
- Click on the User Accounts
- Select the “Manage another account”
- Select Other accounts and then click on the “Add an account”
- Click on the “Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)
- Select the Local account
- You need to enter the username, password and password hint then click “Next”
- The screen will return to the “Manage Other Accounts”
- Select the newly created account and click Edit
- By default, the new user is set to the standard user
- Click the drop-down menu and select the Administrator”
- Click on Ok.
Windows 8, 7, and Vista
- To open the Run window, press Windows + R on your keyboard
- Click OK after entering the Control Panel
- Select “User Accounts” from the drop-down menu
- Choose “Manage another account” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Create a new account” from the drop-down menu
- Fill in the new account’s name
- Click “Create Account” after selecting the Administrator.
Hopefully, the above suggested methods will be helpful for you and help you in easy rectification of QuickBooks install Fatal Error. Moreover, you can use our Live Chat option to connect with QB Professionals for your further queries or concerns.
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
Does opening a Company file from a changed location resolve QuickBooks install Fatal Error?
Yes, it can help if the folder containing the QuickBooks company file is damaged. The below steps help you how:
Close QuickBooks and right-click your desktop, then choose New from the menu
This folder’s name QBTEST
Return to the original location of the company file and open it
Copy the file to the QBTEST folder you created previously
Now, from the new location, open the company file.
How do I create a new Windows Administrator?
1. Select Settings from the Start menu in Windows
2. Select Accounts from the drop-down menu
3. Select “Family and Other Users” from the drop-down menu
4. Make your choice. Under Other Users, add another person to this PC
5. Select I don’t know this person’s sign-in information from the drop-down menu
6. Select “Add a user who does not have a Microsoft account” from the drop-down menu
7. Click Finish after entering the new account’s name
8. Select Account Type from the drop-down menu on the newly created account
9. Click OK after choosing the Administrator
Displaying hidden files and folders is pretty simple. You just go to your Desktop or System Tray and select the folder icon to open File Explorer. Select the View tab followed by selecting the “Hidden Items” option.