- 1 Causes Behind The “Quickbooks License Error After Cloning”
- 2 Solutions of Quickbooks License Error After Cloning
Causes Behind The “Quickbooks License Error After Cloning”
- The QuickBooks components have been damaged or are missing.
- The operating system is outdated.
- The QuickBooks files are being blocked by anti-virus software.
Solutions of Quickbooks License Error After Cloning
1. Solution One: Update the operating system
Users must press the Windows logo on the keyboard and choose ‘All Programs’. They must then select ‘Windows Update’ to install the updates. Next, they must install QuickBooks.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, users must implement the solutions mentioned below in the given order.
2. Solution Two: Deleting damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file for fixing license and registration problems
- Users must first close QuickBooks Desktop and check that no QuickBooks processes are running. Users must press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, which will open the ‘Task Manager’.
- On Windows 10, users must select ‘More Details’ to show the ‘Task Manager’.
- Now, after selecting the ‘Processes’ tab, users must sort all processes in an alphabetic order by selecting the ‘Process Name’ header. Next, look for all ‘QBW32.EXE’ files and select ‘End Task’.
- Next, users must access the ‘Entitlement Data’ folder for their operating system and QuickBooks version. Contact our QuickBooks experts to know how.
- QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions have the same folder location.
- Now, right-click on the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file, choose ‘Delete’ and then ‘Yes’ to delete the file. Then, users must open the company file and follow the directions for registering the application.
Note: If QuickBooks Point of Sale is installed, users will have to reregister the program, as it uses the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file as QuickBooks Desktop.
3. Solution Three: Using the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- First, users must download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool and save it to the local desktop. Now, all open programs must be closed and the QBInstall Tool run. This process might take nearly 20 minutes based on internet speed and system performance.
- Next, users must restart the computer for updating all the components.
- If Windows is outdated, QuickBooks might not install or open properly. So, Windows must be updated as mentioned in ‘Update the operating system’ above. After update is installed, the system must be restarted, and QuickBooks installed/opened to see if the issue is fixed.
- If not, then users can try fixing the Windows components manually by taking the help of an IT expert.
4. Solution Four: Reinstalling QuickBooks with a clean install
A. Uninstall QuickBooks
- User must press Windows + R, which will open the ‘Run’ window, where they must type in ‘Control Panel’ and select OK. Next, select ‘Programs and Features’. If ‘Control Panel’ is in the ‘Category View’, select ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- When the programs list appears, users must choose QuickBooks and then ‘Uninstall/Change’. Then, follow the directions to complete the procedure.
Note: If an error occurs and QuickBooks can’t be uninstalled, users must our QuickBooks customer support team.
B. Rename installation folders
The QuickBooks Toll can be downloaded and run to rename the folders. Users can also do it manually.
C. Error while renaming folders
- Users must first right-click on the ‘Windows Task Bar’ and choose ‘Task Manager’. Then, in ‘Processes’, users must select the ‘Image Name’ column for sorting the processes in an alphabetic order.
- Next, users must choose exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and then select ‘End Process’.
- When the message ‘WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability…’ appears, users must select Yes.
D. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Finally, users must reinstall QuickBooks via a clean install.
For any further information or assistance on the matter, users can contact our at this toll-free number ✆+1-855-481-5338 for 24/7 help.