License Error QuickBooks Why Its Occurs ?
QuickBooks License error refers to the problem in initializing the licence properties. When you launch your QuickBooks Desktop, sometimes the error message is displayed on the screen QuickBooks Error 3371: “Could not initialize license properties”. Or it might show that QuickBooks is not able to load the data. This occurs because of the files that are either missing, corrupted or damaged.
Types of QuickBooks License Error Messages
- Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
Cause of QuickBooks License Error
There are various reasons for the license error to take place:
- First is if your operating system is not upgraded as some of the files in QuickBooks are compatible only with the latest version of windows.
- Another reason is the Missing or the Corrupted files that is required by the QuickBooks Desktop software to run. The information on the missing components and files is given below
- dat: It is a QuickBooks Desktop installation file that comprises the information related to the license. Each time you launch your QuickBooks Desktop, validation regarding the license is done. If there are any missing files then during the validation error will pop up and the, QuickBooks Desktop will not start.
- Damaged MSXML component: It is a Microsoft component that plays a very vital role as it is used to fetch the information for QuickBooks desktop when the QBregistration.dat file enables the QuickBooks to open and run the QuickBooks desktop software.
How to Resolve QuickBooks License Error
There are mainly two methods of solving this issue. We have provided step by step procedure below using both the methods:
1. First Method:
- Click on the start button or you can press the window plus R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run dialog box appears write the command given C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Then press the enter key.
- This will take the window explorer to the location given on the command.
- After that you need to select the ecml file and by right clicking on it delete it.
- Further, close the window.
- Once you are done with it again run your QuickBooks Desktop and make the registration again.
This method will solve your issues but still if the error is displayed after performing these steps, then you will have to choose the second step.
2. Second Method:
- This method is used if your window is not upgraded or is not installed properly.
- Now Click on windows icon on your computer and click on the Start button.
- Click on the check for the updates button.
- If there is any update it will show you and you can install and relaunch your QuickBooks Desktop software.
Need Professional Help?
This is how you will be able to resolve this issue, but still if you want more information on QuickBooks and related software, you can contact us on our Toll free number 📞. We provide technical support for the QuickBooks software. Our QuickBooks Technical Support Team is available 24*7 at your service and we assure you to provide the best technical support. Our QuickBooks Expert Team has highly qualified people who have proficient knowledge and experience in solving the QuickBooks and related software issues. Our QuickBooks Customer Support Team believes in understanding the problem and giving the best possible solution to the client so that they can add value to their work.