QuickBooks has become one of the favored accounting software of most of the financial consulting firms, accountants, bookkeepers and business owners alike. Due to its powerful features yet user friendly interface and navigation many businesses opt for this software. Its speedy reach to the top has been possible due to continuous update and fixing of errors found with the software. Intuit ensures that all negative feedback garnered with a particular version is righted in the next update for the same.
One issue that many people face is that at times sharing of the file is difficult as both the users are working on different OS, that is, one is working with QuickBooks for Mac and the other with QuickBooks for Windows. In such scenario sharing of updated file becomes tedious as they have to convert the file in format that is compatible with the other OS.
This process of conversion from Mac to Windows and then back to Mac is called Round tripping. This phenomenon at times is necessary as the QuickBooks Mac does not have Accountant’s Copy which is used by Accountant to make changes in the company file.
- 1 The basic process from Mac to Windows and back again
- 2 FAQ
The basic process from Mac to Windows and back again
- The client first backs up the company file and save it for QuickBooks for Windows.
- This backed up company file is sent to the Accountant through secure and confidential transfer mode.
- After receiving the file, the accountant performs necessary changes and updates by using Copy Company File option for QuickBooks Mac that is later sent back to the client.
- The client then restores the backed up file having changes back into his Mac system.
Considering the serious nature and complexities of this transfer there are certain rules and restrictions for conversion of QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks for Windows and back.
The restrictions are listed below for your perusal:
- Ensure that the version and release year of QuickBooks for Mac and Windows are same. It would be preferable if both the software are of latest version.
- Make sure that after having the backup you do not upgrade your software to next version or make any updates released by the company. This will create errors as the version or update configuration will not match with that of the other software.
- You should have authorized access to the software to perform this round trip function. In short administrator password is required for successful completion of the process.
- Round trip process is not functional for QuickBooks Enterprise Solution as it does not offer QuickBooks for Mac Back up option.
Need Experts Help?
If the instructions are followed carefully, keeping the given restrictions in mind, you will be able to perform round trip function without any hassle. However in case of any problem with the same, you should contact the customer care team of QuickBooks or Intuit. In case you are unable to get support from them, you can contact accountingerrors.com for prompt issue resolution through their Toll Free Number 📞.
Read also – Fix: QuickBooks User Already Logged In Error
What data can I convert to a QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
Customer message list
Job costing data
All list reports
Vendor type list
Vehicle type list
All list reports
What type of errors may trigger while conversion cannot open the file in Windows?
To rectify these errors you need to open the file in the Mac system and then click on the re-sort list. After this use verify and rebuild utility to fix the error which occurs while converting files.
How to tackle the unrecoverable error occurring while importing the QuickBooks file in Mac to QuickBooks in Windows?
Use the backup restores method to fix the error! In case of any failure, you can perform the basic data damage in the company file for instance make a new backup file for Windows, generate a new folder on the Desktop, after copy and paste the newly created file in the newly generated folder. Afterward, save the change.