QuickBooks 2018 Accountant: Merge Multiple Vendors
QuickBooks is built very smartly. It gives you the option to manage accounts of a company to the fullest by adding invoices vendors etc. But, at times you may have to merge some entries because of duplication or anything else. In this article, we will know more about the QuickBooks merge vendors feature.
Also, if you want to talk to a QuickBooks professional regarding this QuickBooks merge vendor feature than please call to talk to our AccountingErrors tech team of experts. Our QuickBooks helpdesk offers round the clock support.
The process of merging duplicate entries in QuickBooks
QuickBooks accounting solutions enables the users you to smoothly merge all the duplicate vendor names. This is done to make your QuickBooks more clean and understandable.
With the help of the latest Merge Duplicate Vendors, you can very easily pool around 4 vendors. At the same time, you also get the option to combine all their old transactions to a single, master vendor. Then, you would have to update the required information. This is indeed one of the best features, which is available to make them the vendor lists more neat and tidy.
Prior to merging the vendors, you will have to ensure that:
- The QuickBooks company file should be in the single mode.
- At present, you would not be using the Accountant’s Copy File.
- Also, make sure that Multi Currency is not switched on.
- All these type of vendors couldn’t be merged.
- Tax Establishments.
- Tax Exempted.
- Paid Via Online Banking.
- Vendors with Direct Deposit.
Steps to merge the vendor entries:
- First of all, you would have to get to the Merge Vendors screen.
- In case you are using Accountant Edition, then you would have to Go to Accountant menu, there, you would have to click on Client Data Review.
- Afterwards, just select the option that says Merge Vendors.
- In case you are using the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, in that case, you will have to Go to Company menu.
- There, you would need to choose Accounting tools.
- After that select the option that reads as Merge Vendors.
- Afterwards, click on the vendors On the Merge Vendors screen, and click on Next.
- Click on a Master Vendor, hit the click Merge option.
- Hit on Yes, which is present at the Confirmation prompt window.
- Click on OK on the Merge Complete screen to complete the process.
What are the limitations of vendor merging?
One limitation of vendor merge option is the Multi-currency. However, users can still try and use the feature. But, in that case, the steps would be a little different.
- Click on Master Vendor you wish to retain in QuickBooks, and choose almost 3 other vendors.
- Select the desired information from other vendors you wish to retain and migrate.
- Make a backup.
- After proceeding ahead, the Merge is done. You may also check the backup.
Getting stuck anywhere while merging vendors? Call our experts of QuickBooks technical support team. ✆+1-855-481-5338 is our QuickBooks helpline number, and we are available 24 by 7 for your support and assistance.
Read Also QuickBooks Refund From Vendor