Firms and companies using QuickBooks have a lot of work getting done automatically with just a few manual startups. It works flawlessly making accounting job simpler and efficient. QuickBooks however comes with certain errors that one has to either fix it on their own or get a professional help. An error that people have been talking about and being the buzz of the system is while you are trying to open a company file.
Have you ever come across an error message “we’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code Missing Name List Problem?”
Well, don’t panic and get startled. There is a solution for every problem in this world and this looks like just one-third of the iceberg. The error message that you get is the error caused in hexadecimal format. This format is most likely to be used by Windows or any support drivers used by Windows. The same code is used by the vendor to find out the reason behind the error. It is also said that the hexadecimal code are the address of the memory locations where the instructions was loaded during the time of the error.
What causes the problem?
When there is a problem, there is a cause deep down the emergence of it. It is just like any disease that you suffer from and once the doctor diagnoses you, the causes are revealed. After a prolonged research, it has been found that the causes of this Missing Name List Problem are the following-
- If the system files of Windows have been damaged, then there are greater chances that you encounter this problem
- An incomplete installation can be another reason or an improper deletion of any application or hardware
- Anti-virus or malware plays another significant role in making the system vulnerable and resulting in such errors
- Improper shutdown of the computer is a fatal one
- Corrupted files owing the above mentioned processes that were wrongly done
How to fix?
Now, biting your nail, you must be thinking if there is any solution for it? Of course, you do. Tried and tested, it has been discovered that there are two possible solutions to this Missing Name List Problem and trying them on your own can help you fix the error.
Solution 1: This solution is also known as the Advanced Computer System Solution. It refers to the manual update. Begin troubleshooting by logging in to the computer and entering in the credentials as an administrator. Now follow the steps in sequence without any miss-
- Click on the Start button of the Window and select Programs. After selecting Programs, select Accessories and then System Tools. After this, click on System Restore
- You will see a new window pop up. On that window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and after that click on Next
- From the option “On this list, click a Restore Point” select the most recent time you want to restore to
- Click Next
- Once again click Next on the confirmation window that will pop up
- The restoration will start. You need to be patient and wait
- Finally Restart the computer for the change to take place
This solution will probably do the work for you and you need not even proceed further. At times, it might not. Then the best option will be to move on to the second solution. All it needs is some patience and meticulous behavior so that you follow each step with no loopholes.
Solution 2: This solution is also named as Novice Computer User Solution which unlike the first solution is automatic.
- First of all you need to download QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem repair utility. Save it somewhere on the system, most preferably on the desktop
- Now locate the file and double click to open and run the application
- You will get an option to Scan
- Complete the scanning process
- Once it is complete, click on the Fix Errors button
- The files that were damaged will be repaired automatically with no efforts from you
- After the process is accomplished, the vital part begins
- Restart the computer to check if the changes have taken place and the problem is resolved
You can check if the error still exists by opening the company file that had the error. The two solutions each in itself is a complete problem solver, however if you see that the problem still exists and you are still frowning, then you should know that Auto Recovery may be needed.
Auto Recovery will help you in two ways- Your lost transactions will be restored with the help of Transaction Log File and a copy of the Company File. Apart from this, it also restores all files except that of the last few hours’ transactions with a copy of Company file as well as Transaction Log file.
After the Recovery has been done, you can send the file to Intuit Data Recovery. It will cost a minimal charge though. When you send the file, make sure you have details like file size, last transaction date and other details pertaining to the file handy. After you have furnished the details, you will be provided a Case ID and a PIN. There are a number of plans and services by Intuit to solve this error. We at AccountingErrors.Com will also provide technical support for QuickBooks Error you & solve the error within stipulated time. By the end of the process, you will be a happy and satisfied customer.
For any support reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop experts at QuickBooks Desktop supports phone number (Toll Free) ✆+1-855-481-5338.