Firms and companies using QuickBooks have a lot of work getting done automatically with just a few manual startups. It works flawlessly making accounting job simpler and efficient. QuickBooks however comes with certain errors that one has to either fix it on their own or get a professional help. An error that people have been talking about and being the buzz of the system is while you are trying to open a company file.
Have you ever come across an error message
“we’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code Missing Name List Problem?”
Well, don’t panic and get startled. There is a solution for every problem in this world and this looks like just one-third of the iceberg. The error message that you get is the error caused in hexadecimal format. This format is most likely to be used by Windows or any support drivers used by Windows. The same code is used by the vendor to find out the reason behind the error. It is also said that the hexadecimal code are the address of the memory locations where the instructions was loaded during the time of the error.
- 1 What Causes The Problem – Missing Name List Problem?
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem?
- 2.1 1. Solution One: Troubleshooting Using Advanced Computer System Solution
- 2.2 2. Solution Two: Using Novice Computer User Solution
- 2.3 3. Solution Three: Using QuickBooks File Doctor
- 2.4 4. Solution Four: Using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- 2.5 5. Solution Five: Steps to restore the backup of the business file
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 Can I solve the missing name list problem with QuickBooks Tool Hub?
- 3.2 What to do if QuickBooks file Doctor failed to fix the missing name list issue occurring in the QuickBooks?
- 3.3 Is there available any auto Data recovery on QuickBooks?
- 3.4 Why is a missing name list error happening in QuickBooks?
What Causes The Problem – Missing Name List Problem?
When there is a problem, there is a cause deep down the emergence of it. It is just like any disease that you suffer from and once the doctor diagnoses you, the causes are revealed.
After a prolonged research, it has been found that the causes of this Missing Name List Problem are the following-Show More
- If the system files of Windows have been damaged, then there are greater chances that you encounter this problem
- An incomplete installation can be another reason or an improper deletion of any application or hardware
- Anti-virus or malware plays another significant role in making the system vulnerable and resulting in such errors
- Improper shutdown of the computer is a fatal one
- Corrupted files owing the above mentioned processes that were wrongly done
How to Fix QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem?
Now, biting your nail, you must be thinking if there is any solution for it? Of course, you do. Tried and tested, it has been discovered that there are two possible solutions to this Missing Name List Problem and trying them on your own can help you fix the error.
1. Solution One: Troubleshooting Using Advanced Computer System Solution
This solution is also known as the Advanced Computer System Solution. It refers to the manual update. Begin troubleshooting by logging in to the computer and entering in the credentials as an administrator.
Now follow the steps in sequence without any miss
- Click on the Start button of the Window and select Programs. After selecting Programs, select Accessories and then System Tools. After this, click on System Restore
- You will see a new window pop up. On that window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and after that click on Next
- From the option “On this list, click a Restore Point” select the most recent time you want to restore to
- Click Next
- Once again click Next on the confirmation window that will pop up
- The restoration will start. You need to be patient and wait
- Finally Restart the computer for the change to take place
This solution will probably do the work for you and you need not even proceed further. At times, it might not. Then the best option will be to move on to the second solution. All it needs is some patience and meticulous behavior so that you follow each step with no loopholes.
2. Solution Two: Using Novice Computer User Solution
This solution is also named as Novice Computer User Solution which unlike the first solution is automatic.
- First of all you need to download QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem repair utility. Save it somewhere on the system, most preferably on the desktop
- Now locate the file and double click to open and run the application
- You will get an option to Scan
- Complete the scanning process
- Once it is complete, click on the Fix Errors button
- The files that were damaged will be repaired automatically with no efforts from you
- After the process is accomplished, the vital part begins
- Restart the computer to check if the changes have taken place and the problem is resolved.
3. Solution Three: Using QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks file doctor
- Now locate the icon where the file is downloaded and double click the icon
- Search the company files available in the list
- See the Diagnose File tab and click on it
- Type the administrative login details
- Follow the step by step instructions showing on the screen by the tool
- At the end reboot the computer to apply the changes
4. Solution Four: Using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
To retrieve the latest transaction including the actual files having extension .tif and .qbw.adr.
Follow the below steps carefully:
- Go to your Desktop, right-click and create a new folder
- Name it QB Test
- Now open the folder where you have stored the business files
- To get the business files to press the F2 button or Ctrl +1 keys together
- After opening the file search for the file having a .tlg extension. It will be the same name as your business file
- Now copy the business file and after that paste that file to the QB Test folder which is created in the above steps
- Open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder. It can be located where the business file is located
- Copy the file which is having extension .QBW.adr >>> after that go to QB Test folder and paste the file
- Check if you have the .QBW.adr and .tlg in your QB Test folder
- Go to QB Test folder click the file having extension .QBW.adr >>> right-click and select Rename
- At the end of the file, you can see .adr remove it
- Click QuickBooks
- Go to business file and double click it >>> it asks you to type the credentials which ensure that all transactions are available
- Go to File >>> Utilities >>> Confirm the data
- If the business file which is copied is alright, you can transfer the business file to some other site and you can relocate the copy file from QuickBooks Test to the actual site
5. Solution Five: Steps to restore the backup of the business file
- Open the file list of choices
- Click to open the file or to restore the Company file
- Click ” Restore the backup” >>> click Next(make sure you select local backup)
- From the available list select the size of the backup file
- Now, click on a backup file having extension .qbb
- Click it and open it
- Now go to the location of save the list and save the restored file
- Give a new file name
- Finally, save it, and reply to the notifications message coming on the screen
You can check if the error still exists by opening the company file that had the error. The two solutions each in itself is a complete problem solver, however if you see that the problem still exists and you are still frowning, then you should know that Auto Recovery may be needed.
Auto Recovery will help you in two ways- Your lost transactions will be restored with the help of Transaction Log File and a copy of the Company File. Apart from this, it also restores all files except that of the last few hours’ transactions with a copy of Company file as well as Transaction Log file.
After the Recovery has been done, you can send the file to Intuit Data Recovery. It will cost a minimal charge though. When you send the file, make sure you have details like file size, last transaction date and other details pertaining to the file handy. After you have furnished the details, you will be provided a Case ID and a PIN. There are a number of plans and services by Intuit to solve this error.
Need Professional Help?
We at AccountingErrors.Com will also provide technical support for QuickBooks Error you & solve the error within stipulated time. By the end of the process, you will be a happy and satisfied customer. For any support reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop experts at QuickBooks Desktop supports phone number (Toll Free) ✆.
Can I solve the missing name list problem with QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Yes, the QuickBooks Tools Hub helps to resolve the fundamental errors. You need to close the QuickBooks before implementing the tool.
What to do if QuickBooks file Doctor failed to fix the missing name list issue occurring in the QuickBooks?
You can use the other solution of restoring a backup. Ensure that you have a backup so that you restore the lost data.
Is there available any auto Data recovery on QuickBooks?
Yes, the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery option is available in QuickBooks Premier, Pro & Enterprise solutions to recover the lost data.
Why is a missing name list error happening in QuickBooks?
There can be several reasons for missing the name list issue in QuickBooks like improper list creation, & corrupted Company file.