- 1 Problem
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks H101, H202, H303 and H505 Errors?
- 3 Resolving the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Error
- 4 FAQ
Operating on QuickBooks in a multi-user environment could get a little bit challenging when you encounter an error which stops you from creating the multi-user setup. QuickBooks Desktop tries to communicate with the server and establish a connection with the company file but fails to do so.
The error, then, that takes place is known as QuickBooks Multi-user error. There are several error codes associated with this error, which are H101, H202, H303 or H505. Our AccountingErrors help-team is going to show you how to deal with the error in a manner that it doesn’t recur.
Causes of QuickBooks H101, H202, H303 and H505 Errors?
There are several reasons for this error to surface. Those are:
- Hosting Configurations Settings Are Not Correct.
- Improperly set QuickBooks Firewall Ports.
- The host computer’s IP Address couldn’t be obtained by QuickBooks.
- Incorrect DNS Settings.
- QuickBooks Services are not active.
Resolving the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Error
There are several solutions for this error: Checking the hosting and services are two of them.
When working in a multi-user environment, ensure that hosting is active only on the host computer (server):
1. Verifying Hosting:
You don’t need to open a specific company file to do this.
- Go to the workstations (Excluding the hosting computer or server) and open QuickBooks.
- Go to File and then to
- A list will appear. Host Multi-user Access might appear on it. If it does, then it indicates that the company file is not hosted on this computer. Proceed to the next one.
- In case you see Stop Multi-user Access, choose the option.
- Go to each computer and repeat the process from point 1 to point 3 on each computer.
2. Verifying QuickBooks Services:
QuickBooks services should run on the server computer when working in the multi-user environment.
- Go to the desktop, press Windows+R keys to launch the Run prompt.
- In the blank field, type msc and hit Enter.
- When the services window opens, search for QuickBooksDBXX service. (Where XX stands for the year of QuickBooks Desktop)
- Click two times successively on the QuickBooksDBXX service and ensure that the startup type is set to Automatic and the status of service is either Running or
- Now click on the Recovery
- Go to First Failure and click on the drop-down menu. Choose Restart for the service. It will run the QuickBooksDB service if it has failed. Follow the same process for all the next failures.
- Hit Ok and save the changes.
- Go through the steps 1 to 6 for the
- Go to each affected workstation and open QuickBooks in multi-user mode on each of them. In case you find the problem recurring, ensure that QuickBooksDBXX service has administrator rights to run.
Need Professional Help?
This simple troubleshoot method will resolve the issue for you. If you face any difficulty while performing the operation, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team on 📞.
How to resolve the slow process in QuickBooks multi-user mode?
When your QuickBooks is slow in progress while working on the multi-user mode then you need to check the file for integrity issues. To check the QuickBooks speed, they must be sure that the user is logged out of the company file. Open the File menu and then choose the utilities. Once you have done then check and verify the data within the company file.
How can I keep the QB in multi-user mode?
Open the file menu and then choose the “Open or Restore” company. Then you have to choose the “Open a company window” option. Now, you have to check the file, it must be in multi-user mode.
How can I resolve the QB multi user error code H202?
You can resolve the QuickBooks multi-user error code H202 in many ways. The best way to resolve this error is to check and verify the network connectivity or run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. If you find this issue occurs due to security then check and configure the firewall settings. You can also fix this error by adding your server to the window Host files.