- 1 Description
- 2 What is the function of .ND Files?
- 3 What is the use of a .ND File? How to resolve errors related to it?
- 4 Resolving the Errors : QuickBooks .ND File
Network Data files are a kind of configuration files. These files are the modem through which QuickBooks connects with the company file and access it in a network or multi-user environment. The function of QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBServerUtilityMgr.exe) is to generate these files. QuickBooks .nd files identify the database server which would be used by the program.
What is the function of .ND Files?
- Company file and .nd file are generated in the same folder. You can spot a .nd file by the .nd extension at the end of the file in question.
- If a multi-user access was running on an environment, then even if the environment turns out to be the single user at a later stage, it will still contain the .nd files.
- The size of these files is 1 KB. One can always open and edit a .nd file in Notepad. You can identify a .nd file easily because it carries a text icon.
- These files carry the information that is required by QuickBooks to establish a communication with the server, majorly the IP Address and Port. It also shows that the company file is in use.
Note: if you want to check the IP Address and Server Name, go to product information and click f2 or ctrl+1 on the keyboard.
- Your company file will refuse from opening if the .nd file is missing, damaged or incorrect. The error will also surface if the .qbw file has been moved to some other location with the .nd file.
- You can easily view and generate .nd files to troubleshoot the error if the company file doesn’t open.
- You can face some common errors which could be dealt with very easily. One of such errors is Error -6189, 816.
- Another error that one comes across is Error H101, H202, H303, or H505.
Resolving the Errors : QuickBooks .ND File
You can follow these simple guidelines given below to ensure that you get rid of the problem without much hassle.
1. Solution One: Start your computer and server once again.
- Go to all the computers which have access to the company file. Restart them all.
- In case your data resides on the server, we will start the server again.
- Now access the company file.
- If this resolution doesn’t work, go to the second one.
2. Solution Two: If the file has been damaged, went missing or got corrupted:
- Go to the computer which hosts the company files and search for *.nd files. (*= your company name). If you are unable to find the .nd file, you need to go to the location where QuickBooks Company File located.
- All of the files with .nd at their end should be renamed to .ndOLD
- Utilize the Database Server Manager if you needed to rescan the folders. This process will generate new files.
- Check and verify that the problem has been resolved by now.
You can easily gather the information regarding .nd files and troubleshoot the errors that you are facing with .nd files on your QuickBooks Desktop. You can get in touch with our QuickBooks Tech Support Team, if you felt the need of getting professional experience. The experts have years of experience in dealing with the QuickBooks related issues.
Need Experts Help?
You can give us a call at our toll-free helpline 📞+1-855-481-5338 to talk to one of our QuickBooks Tech Support Officers. We work around the clock and serve the international clients. We focus on troubleshooting errors arising on the Windows Operating Software.
See Also – QuickBooks Error The File Exists