QuickBooks Point of Sale is the world’s most used retailer solution. It is all-in-one the comprehensive solution introduced by Intuit for small and medium-sized businesses. As this software solution helps in running your store. It has exceptional features which help you with all the payments. Even though it is user-friendly software, there are chances where a user might encounter some error like “QuickBooks Point of Sale error 181016”. In such a situation, the user can try the solution provided by Intuit or contact the QuickBooks Point of Sale Support.
Causes of QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 181016
When a QuickBooks POS user tries to open a company file or after converting any data, they may receive the following error messages:
- QuickBooks POS Message: 181016 “Problem Could not open the QuickBooks Point of Sale data: [company name].”This error can be caused by a non-unique company name which is present on your network but firewall in your system is blocking the communication.
- QuickBooks POS Message: 181016 “Problem Could not create company: [Company Name]”.
The causes for this error are:
- User is logged into system as Administrator.
- There might be some issue with the Point pf Sale company data folder stored in system.
- Firewall in system is acting as the obstacle as it is providing access of certain ports which Point of sale database manager is trying to access.
- TCP/IP in system may be disabled or damaged.
Resolution of QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 181016
To resolve QuickBooks Point of Sale, the user has to follow the steps given below:
- Start your system.
- Make sure you are logged in as administrator.
- To look for data problem: Go to File > Company data file > New (Rename this file as “test”).
- If error is not occurring in this Test company file which you have created in the previous step, then open the original company file:
- Select the File option > Company Data > Click on open option.
- To select Alternate location, click on Browse.
- Now user will have to navigate through the C drive i.e. Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 8.0\Data\[your company name]\. Microsoft Vista users navigate toC:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 8.0\Data\[your company name]\
- From here select a file named qbpos.db > Click on Open.
- Click OK > enter a new and unique name for the new file by selecting File > Company Data > Rename. To match the data in original file, user will have to first rename the data present in the original file.
- Go to QBPOS Troubleshoot Connection Tool to check whether database manager is properly installed. If QuickBooks Point of Sale is installed in your system as a Server, that firewall are not blocking the access of database and also check that TCP/IP protocol is enabled in your system.
Even after trying the solution mentioned above, if the user still needs some assistance then they can contact Intuit.
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.