What is POS Error Code 176109 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 176109 occurs while opening or using QuickBooks POS. This error means that some authentication files are missing or have been corrupted. An incorrect product code can also be one of the reasons. Resolve this issue by performing a Clean Install of QuickBooks POS or try to rename the WS Activity file.
Error: QuickBooks Error 176109
Error Message: “Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number”.
- 1 What is POS Error Code 176109 in QuickBooks
- 2 What is QuickBooks Error Code 176109?
- 3 Reason for Occurrence of QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number Error Code 176109
- 4 3 Steps to fix QuickBooks POS invalid Product Number Error 176109
- 5 FAQ
QuickBooks Point of Sale booms the productivity of the retail business. When using it there might take place unpredictable errors like other software. QuickBooks POS invalid product number error code 176109 is one of them. It often encounters when users try to open or perform the registration process in QuickBooks Desktop POS. let’s delve into the troubleshooting guide to fix frustrating error 176109. Before starting to resolve the issue it is beneficial to go through the overview and causes of QuickBooks error 176109.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 176109?
QuickBooks error 176109 is also known as QuickBooks Point of Sale invalid product because the major reason behind the error is incorrect number code or product code. This error message notifies that the key authentication files are destroyed or missing. The error is frequently seen when you attempt to open the QB point of Sale. To write and read the files without creating the interruption the QuickBooks require administrative level permissions. If failed then it might display QuickBooks POS invalid product number error.
What is QuickBooks POS Error Code 176109?
QuickBooks POS Error Code refers to a usual error encountered by QBPOS that comes with an error message – “Product Code or typed in is incorrect and invalid”. There are multiple reasons that are responsible for the occurrence of the error. They are below-mentioned.
Reason for Occurrence of QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number Error Code 176109
Below-described is the list of reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 176109:
- During the POS installation in case, the product number or code that you enter is incorrect.
- The user forgot to log in with the desktop Window Operating System as Administrator.
- US English is not configured as the regional language setting.
- Damaged/Corrupt files stored under QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement folder.
- Missing or corrupted important content of the folder which says POS entitlement folder
- When trying to use the wrong product number or code during the installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Users do not have administrative level permission to open the files
3 Steps to fix QuickBooks POS invalid Product Number Error 176109
Let’s walk through some of the resolutions to resolve the QuickBooks POS invalid product number with error code 176109:
Method 1- Delete the information in the entitlement client folder
For Windows 8:
- First of all hit on the Start option
- Select File Explorer
- It will display File Explorer window
- Locate View option
- Verify the checkbox with hidden items
- Now follow the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Press Ctrl+A; It will select the entire content
- Click on the Delete button
For Window 7 and Vista:
- First of all, give a right-click on the Start option
- Write Windows Explorer
- Press enter key
- It will open Windows Explorer
- Discover organize option and then choose the Folder button
- Hit on the View option and then click on Show hidden files
- After this locate the
- path “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8“
- Choose all files and then hit on Delete button
- Re-open the Point of sale to check the registration process
Method 2-Rename the WS activity file:
- Initially open the Windows Explorer
- After this follow the C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Find WS activity and now give a right-click on it
- Click on Rename button
- Write OLD WS Activity
- Afterward, you have to click on anywhere to save the applied change
- Close the window and delete the folder named an entitlement
- Reopen the QB point of sale
Method 3: Do a clean install of QuickBooks Point of Sale
To start this procedure it is highly recommended to create and save the backup of the company files because it might delete the entire content. Follow the below steps to perform the re-installation of the QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Step 1-Proceed with an Un-installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Follow the below steps:
- First of all click on the Start button
- Write Control panel into the box
- It will display a control Panel Window
- Choose Program and Features
- Search for the QuickBooks Point of the sale in the listed programs
- Now you have to hit on uninstall button
- After this follow the prompts to finish the installation process.
Step 2-Give new name to all point of sale-related folders:
You have to embed old at folder end; it will block QuickBooks from acknowledging the folders for generating a new one
Step 3-Re-installation the QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Here are the steps you need to follow to the installation of Point of Sale:
- Firstly download the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Now save to the desired location
- Give a click to the POS file
- It will run the POS installation process
- Hit on the Yes button and after this overwrite the extracted files
- After this hit on the Next button and start the installation process
- Ensure that you go through the license agreement
- Now confirm by clicking on I accept the terms of the license agreement
- After this hit on the Next button
- Write the license and product numbers
- Once done hit on the Yes option
- At last, choose the number of systems to be used for Point of sale
Step 4- Restore your company file:
- Firstly Open your QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Make a new company file
- Now restore the backup that you have created
- Check you have resolved the error if not then re-register the QuickBooks POS
Hopefully, the above-given information related to QuickBooks POS invalid product number error 176109 troubleshooting guide is helpful! If you still face any difficulty in implementing any of the methods then connect yourself to the QB experts via live chat. You will get instant resolution to save valuable time!
How to reach us?
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
Follow the steps:
1. First of all hit on the Windows start option
2. Choose My Computer
3. Below the organize button choose a folder and then click the search button
4. Now hit on view option and then choose show hidden files and folders
5. Unselect hide protected system operating files and then hit on Yes option
6. Choose Apply button and then hit on OK
Follow the steps:
1. Firstly locate the folder icon that appears at the bottom of the screen
2. Hit on Hidden items below the View option
Follow the steps:
1. Yes, you can. You need to locate the file extension below the View option
2. After this hit on Hidden items
What thing do you need to consider before fixing QuickBooks error 176109?
Follow the steps:
1. First of all, make a backup of the company file before proceeding with the troubleshooting guide. It will help to prevent data loss.
2. Ensure that the QuickBooks POS is updated to the advanced maintenance release
3. Modify the Windows settings to display the hidden files