Soft copy and Hard copy go hand in hand. Most of us are old school thinkers; in fact most of the firms are old school and believe in getting a hard copy of all the soft copies we have. We try to do this because we are very particular about having a look of something on paper.Show More
The effect that a hard copy can have cannot be compared to the view of a soft copy. Well, for this reason which is a major one, all the workplaces are printer ready so that any document they want can be printed out in just a few clicks. For this, a system needs to be configured with the printer. This is fun, right? But you would beg to differ when your printer doesn’t follow your command and you get the error “Printer not Activated Error 20, 30.”
This is one of the most common pop ups we come across when we are just on the verge of getting a document printed. The most obvious reasons that you might get this error can be for several reasons.Show Less
- 1 Reasons of QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error 20, 30
- 2 Similar Issues, Which Prevents You to Printing
- 3 Method to Fix QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error 20, 30
- 3.1 1. Method One – Run the registry backup, and restore point processing
- 3.2 2. Method Two – Updating the windows and reinstall Quickbooks
- 3.3 3. Method Three – Repairing the QB Print file
- 3.4 4. Method Four – Activating the Printer Spooler Service
- 3.5 5. Method Five: Manually Reinstall Quickbooks Latest Version
- 4 FAQs
Reasons of QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error 20, 30
Are you one of them who had suffered this number of times and had been clueless about the causes? Well, let me make it a cake walk for you because after this, you will be well equipped with the causes and how to get it fixed.Show More
- The first and the most obvious reason can be that the QuickBooks print file has been damaged
- The document writer of Microsoft XPS file is corrupt
- There can be a problem with the Printer Spooler Service too that might have caused the problem
- There can be many other corruptions, of miscellaneous type related to Windows
Off all the causes that we have known by now, we should be happy to learn that there are not just causes, but there are solutions too to this error. Two things must be handy before you start the trouble shooting steps, the first is the Microsoft XPS Document Writer Drivers and the second one is the disk for the installation of QuickBooks. Once you are ready with it, time to get rolling with troubleshoot.Show Less
Similar Issues, Which Prevents You to Printing
- Printer not activated error code -30 PDF, 20 PDF – This error comes while you try to print pdf files
- Printer not Activated error code 41 – This is a very common error that occurs, if you don’t have necessary security permissions.
- Printer not activated error code 30 HP, Epson – This is not a brand specific error, it can appear in the brand’s printer due to the Outdated printer driver.
- Printer not activated error code 30 Windows 10, 8.1, 7 – This windows error is very common & can appear in any windows version.
Method to Fix QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error 20, 30
1. Method One – Run the registry backup, and restore point processing
To figure out this issue, run the registry backup, and restore point processing.
- First of all, go to the “Backup window registry” option
- Then, click on the “Registry Editor” to sum up manual changes
- Click on SAVE and proceed further towards
- After that, go to the “File Menu” and export the registry with SAVE click
- Wait until the time system leads to restore point creation processing
- After finishing the process, click on OK and you are all done with this process
2. Method Two – Updating the windows and reinstall Quickbooks
You can repair this error just via updating the windows and then again reinstall the QuickBooks from the scratch with these following steps:
- The first thing you have to do to click on the “Control panel” from the open window
- Then choose the “Programs and Features” option
- Before going with the uninstalling process, make sure and note down the QuickBooks License and Product Number
- After that, choose the “QuickBooks” from the available preferences of installed programs
- Then click on the “Uninstall” option and follow on-screen instructions until the QuickBooks uninstall process not getting finished
- Now, you are all set to install the latest window updates and then restart the system with new configurations
- After that, open your QuickBooks installation folder or insert the installation CD to begin the process with the new setup
- Again, follow installation on-screen instructions to download and the QuickBooks
- Wait for the completion of the process and you are all done with this troubleshoot
3. Method Three – Repairing the QB Print file
The first solution to this problem can be achieved by repairing the QB Print file. For this you can follow the steps below-
- You need to insert the QB 20XX disk, then hold down the window key and press R
- When the run box appears, type cpl
- From the application list that appears, click on QB 20XX
- Begin with the step of repairing following the steps on screen
- Once the repair shows completed, restart the system and you should be happy to see the result
4. Method Four – Activating the Printer Spooler Service
If the first solution doesn’t work out positively, you can follow this option of Activating the Printer Spooler Service. This can be done by following the steps below-
- Hold the window key down and then press R. It is just like the step involved in the first method. It therefore shouldn’t be difficult. By now, you will be a PRO
- Type msc in the run box that appears.
- Choose the option Spooler from the list that appears
- Click on Stop, then once again right click and then choose Start
Your issue should be resolved by this step. It is the most promising steps of all the options to choose from. If it doesn’t, which is a probability of 1 in 100 users, then you can definitely choose the third method which is the Repair Microsoft Document Writer.
5. Method Five: Manually Reinstall Quickbooks Latest Version
We all heard when the going gets tougher, the tougher gets goings. So don’t lose hope as we still have the last resort to troubleshooting by self.
By following this method, you stick to the following steps-
- You need to find the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and click on Properties
- After this, click on File Target or File Location to locate the source of the file
- Once you have located the file, install the PDF convertor
- Click on OK once you have completed the installation
- Now click on the Windows button and click on Search or Run
- Type Control printers in order to open the window of Printer
- For Windows 7, you need to right click the Amyuni Document Convertor to choose the printer option whereas for Windows XP or Vista, right click on Amyuni Document Convertor to choose Resume. It is specific for different two versions of Windows
- You need to enter the correct name being specific about which QuickBooks version you are using
- Release Installed and then press Enter
The versions can be QuickBooks PDF Convertor for QuickBooks 2007, 2008, 2009 R1-R8, 2009 R11, QuickBooks PDF Convertor 2.0 for QuickBooks 2010 R1-R2, QuickBooks 2010 R6 and above versions and QuickBooks PDF Convertor 3.0 for QuickBooks 2009 R9-R10, QuickBooks 2010 R3-R5.
Need Professional Help?
Following the steps meticulously and cautiously as mentioned above in all the three methods, your error message should be taken care of after which you will be able to use your printer with your QuickBooks. There are always ifs and buts for which there is the support team. In case, the problem still persists, you can contact on the toll free number ✆ of 24*7 QuickBooks technical support. Simple yet effective steps can assist you in resolving the printer error. Keep your worries away and get started to work on Printer configured with QuickBooks.
How would I be able to activate my printer?
💠 On your system, you have to open the Devices and Printers first just by clicking on the windows key
💠 Then, go to Control Panel then Devices and Printers
💠 Enter your right-click on the printer, you are unable to do manually and then click Printer Properties.
💠 Then you have to note the name of the printer driver which comes under advanced and driver.
For what reason is my QuickBooks not printing?
Here, you get some basic reasons such as turn off your printer and then restart your PC, and then again turn on the Printer. Ensure the printer paper is loaded up with accuracy. Then, you have to choose the “Windows Start button”, browse the “Control Panel” field and hit double-click on the Printers and Faxes. In any case, if the printer shows Offline, enter your right-click the printer and select Use Printer Online
How would I be able to change the default printer in QuickBooks?
To accomplish this process, you have to go to “File” first then choose the “Printer setup” option to determine which printer you need QuickBooks to utilize. You have to do this for every type of form you will print.