Users can use QuickBooks to print their financial papers by adding a printer. When connecting the printer to the accounting software, users occasionally face multiple printing issues. “WPR add printer failed” is one such printing issue that users come across while using accounting software or while connecting your printing to the software. Incompatible drivers, internet connectivity, and other factors are the possible factors behind such an annoying issue. To get aware of such printing issues, continue reading this blog till the end as it covers all possible ways to overcome the error.
- 1 Reasons behind the failure of QuickBooks WPR Add Printer
- 2 Solutions to fix “WPR add printer failed” in QuickBooks issue
- 3 FAQ
Reasons behind the failure of QuickBooks WPR Add Printer
There are multiple reasons behind the error that are discussed in the above section. To fix the error, make a pointers that you need to be considered before starting rectifying the error:
- Make sure you’re using the most recent version of QuickBooks when you try to add a printer.
- Ensure that your machine has the appropriate driver installed.
- Check to see if your printer is linked to your computer.
Solutions to fix “WPR add printer failed” in QuickBooks issue
The below suggested are a few possible ways that help you easily rectify the error.
Let’s proceed one by one:
Solution One: Restart Your System
- First, switch off your printer
- And then restart your system followed by switching on the printer
- Next, verify that printer paper is loaded perfectly
- After that, locate the Windows Start button and then browse the Control Panel
- Now, look for the Printer and Faxes
- If your printer shows offline then you’re supposed to do a right-click in the printer followed by choosing the “Use Printer Online” option
- In the list, view the print jobs which displays on the same list
- Choose an appropriate printer and then hit “Cancel All Documents” tab
- Once done then close all the open window
- After that, find the printer and make a right-click on the same
- Select the Properties and then choose the “Print Test Page” option
- If the printer doesn’t print the page that you’re using the network printer then there might be a network issue.
Solution Two: Verify the printer
- Use an editor like Notepad to check the printer you’re using
- Look through the Editor and then type something in it
- After that, save the file and then select it, then press the “Print” button
- Finally, select the appropriate printer and click Print once again.
Solution Three: Make use of the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- In QB Tool Hub, there is a PDF and print mending tool that may be downloaded to fix basic printing errors
- Once the file has been downloaded, re-add the printer and test the page
- When an utility fails to execute, you must rename the file
- Follow the steps outlined below to achieve the same result:
- Navigate through the QBPrint.qbp file
- Using the connected mouse, right-click on the same file to select an appropriate version, then select the Rename option
- Replace the old with the file’s name
- Look for the file choice in QuickBooks, then click the “Printer Setup” button
- Select any of the transactions shown in the Form Name, then click the Ok button in order to create a new file.
Solution Four: Check, reinstall, and set the settings for XPS document writer:
To verify or check the XPS document writer, you have to perform the below suggested steps:
- Choose the Print option after finding the File option
- Within the Print page from the listed printers, look for the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Once done then click on the Print button
- Save the file with a .xps extension
- If you are unable to display the file, you will need to install the XPS document writer
- Check for any security settings that could cause the display and printing to be interrupted.
- The XPS services are being monitored
- Windows Explorer may be found here
- Select the computer option in the upper left corner, and then select the “Uninstall” tab
- Ensure that the XPS viewer and services are chosen when you click on the Turn Windows Features on or off button
- If enabled, check both boxes and click OK to reinstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- For the installed software, use the Windows Users Permissions
- Make changes to the security software settings
- After installing MSXML 6.0, create a form template
- Using this method, you can avoid using the print spooler.
Solution Five: Check the Reconcile window is switched off
- If QuickBooks freezes after you select the Banking option to reconcile, but the PDF capabilities continue to work, the reconcile window seems to be off-screen
- To watch the reconcile window, choose Window and look at the list
- Restart the Reconcile process by selecting Close All
- If errors continue to appear in reconcile accounts, unrecoverable errors may exist.
The above-discussed are a few troubleshooting that may help you fix the “WPR add printer failed” error with ease. For more queries, you can visit our website www.accountingerrors.com to use our Live Chat option to get your query resolved.
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
What are the ways to find and install the latest drivers to resolve WPR add printer failed” error?
There are three possible ways to find and install a driver:
1. Use the Windows Update feature. Your printer driver may be updated through Windows Update.
2. Install the printer manufacturer’s software. If your printer comes with a disc, that disc may have software that allows you to install a driver for it.
3. You must download and install the driver on your own. On the manufacturer’s website, you can look for a driver. If Windows Update fails to discover a driver for your printer and the printer did not come with driver installation software, try this.
How to install wireless printers with Windows 8.1?
1. The right edge of the screen and select Settings, then Change PC settings. (If you’re using a mouse, slide the mouse pointer up to the lower-right corner of the screen, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.
2. Then tap or click PC and devices, followed by Devices. If your printer is set up correctly, it should show up under Printers.
3. If your printer isn’t displayed, tap or click Add a device, then pick your printer.
Does resetting of the temp folder permission resolve the “WPR add printer failed” issue?
If the problem persists, let’s try resetting the permissions on your TEMP folder. Let’s start by looking at the folder permissions for the TEMP folder:
Here’s how to do it:
1. To open the RUN command, press the Windows key + R
2. Press Enter after typing %TEMP%
3. Choose Properties from the context menu when you right-click an empty section of the temp folder
4. Select the Security tab, then check that all usernames and groups listed there have Full Control
5. Save the file as a PDF once the permissions have been changed to Full Control in QuickBooks.