In today’s cutthroat environment, it is very important to stay on the top by becoming technically sound and using high-end systems and software available. One such software that can help you stay on top of your game is QuickBooks. It is an all-in-one solution to take care of your all kinds of financial and accounting needs, efficiently.
But if you are dependent on QuickBooks to handle the financial and accounting activities of your business, getting any kind of error message can be really frustrating and annoying. How would you feel when everything that you used to do through QuickBooks now you are doing that manually, that too after committing so many mistakes and spending your precious time?
Unfortunately, there are different kinds of QuickBooks error messages that unfortunately, you might experience. In this article, we will discuss one of the most common QuickBooks error messages “Connection has been lost”.
- 1 Reasons for QuickBooks Error “Connection has been lost”
- 2 Solution to fix QuickBooks error “Connection has been lost”
- 3 FAQ
Reasons for QuickBooks Error “Connection has been lost”
There are various reasons due to which this error may occur. Some of the possible causes are:
1. Scenario One: If you use a standalone computer
- The location of the file where it is saves might require more permission.
- Any kind of third party software might be conflicting with the QuickBooks.
- Or may be the QuickBooks file that you are using is damaged.
2. Scenario Two: If your computer and the date file are stored on different networks
- This can happen because of unstable network connection.
- And the folder might require some additional permission.
- The access to the data files is prevented by firewall.
- If you forgot to turn off the power saver mode
Solution to fix QuickBooks error “Connection has been lost”
In order to help you fix the error, we have below mentioned a few easy-to-follow solutions, which you can apply on your own.
1. Solution One:
- Close and reopen QuickBooks on your computer, it might reconnect your QuickBooks to the data file.
- However, if reopening QuickBooks doesn’t fix the problem, go to the solution number 2.
2. Solution Two:
- Download and install QuickBooks file doctor.
- Launch the tool by double clicking on the icon that appears on your desktop.
Point to note: In case, your QuickBooks data file is stored on a portable, it is suggested to follow the given below solutions.
1. Solution One:
- Download and install QuickBooks file doctor on the server or on the system hosting the data file.
- Once the download is finished, install the tool.
- Then double-click on the icon to launch the tool.
2. Solution Two:
- Ensure that your QuickBooks data file is not corrupted or damaged.
- Ensure that you run QuickBooks on the server hosting the data file.
Remember: Even computer files can corrupt your QuickBooks data file.
3. Solution Three:
- Reboot your computer as well as the server.
- Ensure that no one else is connected to the server.
4. Solution Four:
- Check the network.
- Open and save another file on the server
- Now check if you have the proper access or not.
- However, if you still see the error, go to the next solution.
5. Solution Five:
- Disable the power management setting on the server.
- On the system where the company file is stored, in the windows control panel, go to the power management setting.
- Now carefully heck the settings
6. Solution Six: Fix Hosting on all the computers.
- Ensure that QuickBooks is installed on the host computer.
- Now check the hosting settings.
- After that delete the .nd file and re-create it.
However, if while following the solution QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Server Manager doesn’t show up in the rundown, it means that the system is not introduced. Mention to install QuickBooks for a multi-client/system environment. If you still experience any kind of technical glitch, call QuickBooks error support number ✆.
What to do when QuickBooks Pro 2016 Multi-user Error connection has been lost?
The first thing you have to do to choose the file and open the utilities. In any case, if you stop hosting multi-user access pops up in the menu. Then, you have to select the disabled hosting on this system and proceed forward with displayed guidelines. If the workstation tells you to stop hosting the multi-user access and hit the click on fix it.
What is the best way to resolve the Multi-user error connection that has been lost on QuickBook Pro 2016?
The best way to resolve this error by the use of QuickBooks Doctor Tool. But make sure you update to the latest version of this tool. It will take a little time to complete the process. Once it is completed, then open the QuickBooks to check and verify the data.
Why did my multi-user error connection appear while running the QuickBooks Pro 2016?
If you are utilizing the standalone system or when your data file is saved on different networks this error might be pop on your screen. Before heading to fix this error, you have to check and make sure about the network connectivity.