If you use both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, you need to download files from one and upload them on the other.
Sometimes it happens that you downloaded a file and find yourself unable to operate it no matter what you try. At times, you may find that the file is not executable. That means you have downloaded the QuickBooks QBXML file and it needs to be executed with a proper application. The Accountingerrors QuickBooks help-team has come across many such requests asking for the troubleshooting of the problem. Our QuickBooks technical support team is always there to help you out with QuickBooks related issues.
Why does QBXML file doesn’t work?
First point to note before proceeding with downloading and working with QBXML file is that it couldn’t be used for a QuickBooks import. Also, it couldn’t be opened by QuickBooks even for reading purpose.
If you want to import the important data from over QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, follow the solutions provided below.
Resolving QuickBooks QBCXML File related problem:
We will follow these simple steps provided below to ensure that we are able to import QBXML file from QBO. Please ensure that you follow all the steps provided below with a great caution for even a little bit of deviation
will hinder you from resolving your issue:
- Open your QuickBooks Online and login with your account details.
- Go to the Gear Icon given at the top of the screen, click it and choose Export Data from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Get Started and click it.
- You will get the guidance from the prompt on your screen. In the very First Step: Prepare to Export, install ActiveX Control by clicking the install button.
- Click Install ActiveX Control Now.
- Once the screen shows you the confirmation message of the installation being done.
- Hit Continue.
- Go to the Data you want to export, choose it and hit Continue.
- In the third step: Request Your Data Page, review that your data is going to be changed once you have completed the export. Now, hit Continue.
- You will need to type your contact information in the next page and click Continue afterwards.
- Finally, hit Close.
Verifying that the import was successful:
Once you are done with the importing part of the data, it’s time to check whether it’s working for the purpose you downloaded it for.
Finally, run a Balance sheet and a Profit and Loss report to check if the answers do match. The report must be run on an accrual basis and For All Dates in both of the programs.
Please make sure that no data was entered in any of the reports after exporting the. If the data still doesn’t match, get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team.
Following the solution provided above will ensure that you are able to import the data from QuickBooks Online to your QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you get stuck at some point or need some technical support in performing the operations within QuickBooks, we recommend you to get in touch with our QuickBooks Tech Support Team on ✆+1-855-481-5338. The team has brilliant experts who can resolve any QuickBooks related issue.
See Also QuickBooks: Convert QBXML to QBW