QuickBooks handles all the accounting and finance-related operations for small and medium-sized businesses. The reason why it is utilized by business owners on a mass level is that it offers a large array of accounting and finance-related services within a single spot. It has all the useful tools to run the accounting department of a firm without any manpower.
However, sometimes QuickBooks may face some errors. Quickbooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination is one such error that troubles the best of us. The Accountingerrors help team has finally resolved this issue and is going to provide you with the solution in this article.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination?
- 2 Why does QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination occur?
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination
- 4 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination
- 5 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination
- 6 How to resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination?
- 7 FAQ
What is QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination?
This error occurs because QuickBooks cannot access the company file as it is not available for it to access when you try to log in. you are faced with an error displaying this message on your screen: ‘Runtime Error! Abnormal Program Termination The instruction “xxxxxx” referenced memory at “xxxxxxx…’
Why does QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination occur?
The simple reason behind the occurrence of this error is that the data file that you try to access is stored somewhere on an ‘Offline available mapped network drive.’
You may get this error if your system has any of the following reasons:
- Windows files get damaged.
- Corrupted files entries are also the reason behind the error.
- Incomplete installation or uninstallation of the application .
- Due to the malware or harmful virus.
- Forced to shut down the system.
- Misconfiguration of QuickBooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination
How to resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination?
Try to update your Windows and QuickBooks before applying the steps then you have to restart your system.
- Swapping the files from online to the local drive
- Reinstall the QuickBooks on your computer
Follow the steps mentioned below in the given method:
1. First Method: Swapping the files from online to the local drive
To swap files from online to local drive we will follow the below steps:
- Go to the server where the files are located.
- Select the data file, the one you are unable to access and copy it.
- Get back to the local C:\ Drive and go to the QuickBooks folder.
- Open the Company files folder and paste the data file over there.
- Shut down the window.
- Open QuickBooks, you should be able to access the data file now.
2. Second Method: Reinstall the QuickBooks on your computer
You can take help from these steps and reinstall QuickBooks on your computer:
- Exit the applications that are currently open on the system.
- Shut down the computer system and then turn it on again.
- Use your QuickBooks CD-ROM to install the QuickBooks on your computer.
- You will see a prompt stating that QuickBooks is already installed on your computer.
- Select the Reinstall option from here.
- When asked Choose Setup, opt for Express and carry on following the steps it presents on the screen.
- Once done, log into QuickBooks and then exit it. This will prompt QuickBooks to initiate the updates that were halted before.
- A new message will pop-up on the screen asking for installation of updates. Do it.
- Once done, open QuickBooks again and access the Data File.
Need Professional Help?
We hope that the steps provided above have resolved the QuickBooks Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination. If you faced any problem while performing the operation, or any other kind of QuickBooks products-related assistance is required, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts CALL NOW.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
How can I reinstall the QuickBooks to fix the QuickBooks runtime error abnormal program termination?
Go to the “Control Panel” option and then choose the “Programs and Features” option. From the available preferences, you have to choose an “Uninstall a Program” option. Go to the list of installed programs, choose the version which has an issue with. Click on the uninstall button. Perform displayed guidelines until the program is not finished.
What are the roots behind the QuickBooks Runtime error abnormal Program termination?
There are several roots behind this error but the main reason due to which this error appears is when users try to access the data file which is stored somewhere in the Offline available mapped network drive option. Due to damaged windows or corrupted file entries, this error code might appear on your screen until you resolve it.
How to fix damaged windows to get rid of QuickBooks Runtime error abnormal termination?
From the list of the programs, choose QuickBooks. Then, hit the click on the “Uninstall/Change” option. The next step is to choose the Continue or Next button and proceed forward to select the Repair button. Hit the next button and wait until the issue is not resolved. Once the issue is resolved, the confirmation message will appear on your screen.