The following PDF-related problems are seen in QuickBooks:
- Users are unable to connect to the chosen printer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPS port.
- QuickBooks can’t print to the printer.
- QuickBooks is unable to complete the action because of the missing pdf file component.
- QuickBooks isn’t responsive.
- The PDF Converter appears to be offline.
- Users are unable to print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- The device isn’t ready.
- Users can’t save in .pdf format.
- QuickBooks can’t save forms/reports in .pdf format.
- QuickBooks crashes when users are reconciling reports.
- The Print Driver Host for 32-bit applications stops functioning.
- There’s an unrecoverable error.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation errors -20, -30 or -41 occur.
- Error 1722 or 1801 occurs while the PDF Converter is being installed.
- Errors occur while printing transactions/reports.
These errors can be fixed by running the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool. Before doing so, QuickBooks must be updated to the latest release.
1: Downloading and running the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
- After running the tool, users must try completing the .pdf-related task that created the error. If the error occurs again, users must restart the computer and attempt the task again.
- If the issues are related to ‘Save as PDF’ and ‘Email’, users must check if they can print to the XPS Document Writer. QuickBooks utilises some sections of the XPS Document Writer to save in .pdf format.
- Users must open Notepad and type some random text and then in ‘File’ menu choose ‘Print’. Next, select the ‘XPS Document Writer’ and then ‘Print’. Then, in the ‘Save as’ dialog box, users must select ‘Desktop’. Next, they must navigate to the computer desktop to check if the XPS document printed from Notepad can be viewed.
2: Users are on Windows, but don’t use terminal services
If the problem occurs while reconciling accounts, users must fix it in Adobe Reader.
2.1:User must check if the XPS Document Writer is functioning by trying to print outside QuickBooks
2.2: The XPS Document Writer must be reinstalled.
2.3: The Windows user permissions for the XPS Document Writer must be adjusted.
2.4: Users must edit the settings for the security software.
2.5: MSXML 6.0 must be installed/repaired.
2.6: Users must create a new template for forms.
2.7: Users must bypass the print spooler (applicable for terminal services)
3: Check if the reconcile window is appearing off the screen
- After users select ‘Reconcile’ in the ‘Banking’ menu if QuickBooks seems to have locked up, and yet PDF functions are ok, the reconcile window is probably appearing off the screen.
- Users must select the ‘Window’ menu and check if the reconcile window is listed Then, they should select ‘Close All’ and restart the reconciliation.
The above-mentioned steps should help tackle pdf-related problems. But if the errors still persist, or users need further information/help on the matter, they should call our QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free number ✆+1-855-481-5338.