- 1 The following PDF-related problems are seen in QuickBooks:
- 2 Reason behind QuickBooks save as PDF Error
- 3 Solutions of QuickBooks ‘Save As Pdf’ Error
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 What are the steps to fix QuickBooks save as a PDF error by confirming that I can print to the XPS or not?
- 4.2 What if the template is damaged and this causes the QuickBooks save as PDF error in your QuickBooks Desktop?
- 4.3 Are there any permissions that are required to print for XPS Document Writer in the Windows operating system to fix the QuickBooks save as PDF error?
- Users are unable to connect to the chosen printer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPS port.
- QuickBooks can’t print to the printer.
- QuickBooks is unable to complete the action because of the missing pdf file component.
- QuickBooks isn’t responsive.
- The PDF Converter appears to be offline.
- Users are unable to print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- The device isn’t ready.
- Users can’t save in .pdf format.
- QuickBooks can’t save forms/reports in .pdf format.
- QuickBooks crashes when users are reconciling reports.
- The Print Driver Host for 32-bit applications stops functioning.
- There’s an unrecoverable error.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation errors -20, -30 or -41 occur.
- Error 1722 or 1801 occurs while the PDF Converter is being installed.
- Errors occur while printing transactions/reports.
Reason behind QuickBooks save as PDF Error
- Pdf file component lost, present process unable to finish.
- Cannot support pdf form.
- Issue with pdf converter, not take a direct print.
- Improper integration with printer.
- If the converter is showing offline.
- Also a non function part driver.
Solutions of QuickBooks ‘Save As Pdf’ Error
These errors can be fixed by running the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool. Before doing so, QuickBooks must be updated to the latest release.
1. Method One: Downloading and running the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
- After running the tool, users must try completing the .pdf-related task that created the error. If the error occurs again, users must restart the computer and attempt the task again.
- If the issues are related to ‘Save as PDF’ and ‘Email’, users must check if they can print to the XPS Document Writer. QuickBooks utilises some sections of the XPS Document Writer to save in .pdf format.
- Users must open Notepad and type some random text and then in ‘File’ menu choose ‘Print’. Next, select the ‘XPS Document Writer’ and then ‘Print’. Then, in the ‘Save as’ dialog box, users must select ‘Desktop’. Next, they must navigate to the computer desktop to check if the XPS document printed from Notepad can be viewed.
2. Method Two: Users are on Windows, but don’t use terminal services
If the problem occurs while reconciling accounts, users must fix it in Adobe Reader.
- User must check if the XPS Document Writer is functioning by trying to print outside QuickBooks
- The XPS Document Writer must be reinstalled.
- The Windows user permissions for the XPS Document Writer must be adjusted.
- Users must edit the settings for the security software.
- MSXML 6.0 must be installed/repaired.
- Users must create a new template for forms.
- Users must bypass the print spooler (applicable for terminal services)
3. Method Three: Check if the reconcile window is appearing off the screen
- After users select ‘Reconcile’ in the ‘Banking’ menu if QuickBooks seems to have locked up, and yet PDF functions are ok, the reconcile window is probably appearing off the screen.
- Users must select the ‘Window’ menu and check if the reconcile window is listed Then, they should select ‘Close All’ and restart the reconciliation.
The above-mentioned steps should help tackle pdf-related problems. But if the errors still persist, or users need further information/help on the matter, they should call our QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free number ✆.
What are the steps to fix QuickBooks save as a PDF error by confirming that I can print to the XPS or not?
To confirm that you can print to the XPS follow the steps below:-
1. Open the Notepad first
2. Then type the Test
3. After that, go to the File menu and click on the Print option
4. You have to select the XPS Document Writer and click on the Print option
5. A window opens up on your screen
6. Click on the Save as PDF
7. Then type a file name and then save it to the location where you remember
8. Go to the location where you save the document
9. Then view the XPS document that you have printed from notepad
What if the template is damaged and this causes the QuickBooks save as PDF error in your QuickBooks Desktop?
If you see the error because of damage to a template then here are the steps to create a new template for your form.
The steps are mentioned here:-
1. First of all, create a new template for your form
2. Then you have to change the template on the transactions
3. Now, create the PDF file with .pdf extension
4. After this, you are done and check for the error.
Are there any permissions that are required to print for XPS Document Writer in the Windows operating system to fix the QuickBooks save as PDF error?
Yes, there are permissions where users have to allow the computer to print as XPS Document Writer. check and verify that you have permission to do this or not. if you don’t have permissions then allow your computer to print as XPS Document Writer and fix the problem QuickBooks save as PDF error.
The steps are:-
1. Open the Printer properties
2. In the Security tab, click on Everyone user group.
If this option is not available then-
***** Click on Add button
***** In the field, type Everyone
***** Then select the Check Names
***** Click on the OK button
3. In Allow column, tick mark the checkbox Print then click the OK button
4. Open File Explorer and go to the path- C:\Windows\System32\spool
5. Click on Printers and then select the Properties option
6. Select the options one by another Security then Edit then Add
7. Now, type Local Service then click Enter button
8. Check that the local service have Full Access then click the OK button
9. Open the QuickBooks and create the PDF file to check for errors.