QuickBooks is known to be robust software for financial management that offers high quality business efficiency with ease of use. However, at times the software is also prone to errors during working.
The Crash Catcher error in QuickBooks is related to Mac computer users. The error occurs while updating to the latest Mac Mojave OS or while performing any action in the application. The error occurs mostly in the 2018 or earlier versions of QuickBooks.
When the user performs any action in QuickBooks Error they get the following message – “Crash Catcher- An error has occurred, and QuickBooks must quit” and the error message window generates a crash log file after which it displays a message “QuickBooks quit unexpectedly”.
- 1 Why Does The Crash Carter Error Occur In QuickBooks
- 2 How to Resolve The Crash Carter Error In QuickBooks For Mac?
Why Does The Crash Carter Error Occur In QuickBooks
QuickBooks keeps pushing many slipstream updates to fix bugs as a part of its maintenance drive. These updates are meant to facilitate new features in the software and this is the reason that it is important not to ignore the updates sent by QuickBooks.
Other reasons for Crash Carter Error
- Unverified company data file
- Operating with User account with no administrative rights
- Another app on the computer obstructing the QuickBooks process
How to Resolve The Crash Carter Error In QuickBooks For Mac?
Analyze the reasons above and try to attempt the solutions given below:
1. Solution One: Update QuickBooks application to the latest released version
- Open QuickBooks application
- Click the Taskbar at the top and select Check for QuickBooks Updates
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update
- Else, if it is already updated to the latest release, install QB again
2. Solution Two: Verify The Integrity of The Company File
- Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data
- If there is a problem detected, again go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Rerun the Verify Data tool from step 1 again
- If it still fails, restore a backup
3. Solution Three: Safe Boot Your Computer
- Press the Power button and also press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard
- When you get to the Desktop open QuickBooks and perform the same task
- If you do not face a problem in Safe Boot, there may be a possibility of a conflict between QuickBooks and something installed on the computer.
- You can return to normal startup after verifying this
4. Method Four: Create a New Mac User Account
- Click on the Users & group icon, into the System preference tab.
- Then press the Add button.
- Add new user with administrator rights
- Now open the Account and Software for use.
However, you can contact AccountingErrors tech support team for help to resolve the issue in a normal startup.
If you’ve tried all the steps above and have looked through Report Center, etc. – and you crash again, you can call the tech support team of accounting errors. Our QuickBooks support specialists have the right diagnostic tools to get to the root cause of any issue in QuickBooks.
You can call our support center anytime as we are open 24*7* 365 and Call Now ☎ 1855-481-5338. We will help you resolve the Quickbooks Crash Catcher error successfully at a fast speed. For all your queries and concerns you can also chat live with our expert.
Click Here: QuickBooks Crashes Again and Again!—Resolved
More Information: QuickBooks Crash Com Error