QuickBooks, used by millions of business owners across the world, is one of the most efficient, cost-effective and helpful accounting software in the world. Where this software could help businesses cut down the excessive resources to save them more money, energy and manpower to utilize them in other spheres, it could become troublesome for them when the software encounters some kind of error. QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error is one the errors barely understood by the general public. Accountingerrors help-team is going to resolve this error in this article. Follow up step by step.
What does QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error mean?
It is a printer related QuickBooks error. An error shows up every time you try to print something from QuickBooks. It reads: “splwow64 – Bad Image”. It is known as an intermittent error which shows up at some system and doesn’t show up at the others.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error?
There are two reported reasons for this error:
- Either, the printer settings in QuickBooks are damaged.
- Or, the PDF Converter in QuickBooks is corrupt.
How to Fix QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error?
Follow the solution provided below to resolve the QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error on your Windows OS:
Follow these steps in the given manner:
- We will open Run window by pressing Windows + R Keys.
- Now, we will type Regedit and hit enter. Regedit will open up.
- From here we will follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers
- Following the path, we will find a key named Version-3
- We will enter the key and delete whatever value we will find inside.
(Now we that we have completed this procedure, we need to open CMD (command prompt) with Administrator Rights.)
- Go to the start menu and right-click on cmd.exe. Choose Run As Administrator.
- Now, you need to enter a command: Net Stop Spooler
- Now, we will go to Windows Explorer and follow the path C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\printers\and then C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3,and then delete all the files and folders you may find in there.
- Now, we will go to CMD and type Net Start Spooler to start the spooler once again.
- Next, we will open Devices and Printers.
- Finally, we will remove all the printers available there and then add them again.
- The printer shall start working again.
Following the process provided by Accountingerros help-team above, QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error should be resolved.
However, if you face some issues regarding the solution, or you require some extra help to resolve any other QuickBooks product related problems, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party company with an amazing QuickBooks Help Desk of brilliant experts. You can contact them by calling at their toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338.
See Also QuickBooks Fatal Application Error