1500 series error arise when trying to update a payroll on QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks update error 15101
- The error occurs at the updating time of payroll or QuickBooks.
- Windows file gets damaged.
- The internet explorer settings are unacceptable.
- Pending the updating of internet explorer digital signature.
- Problem with internet setup.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15101?
These errors could be resolved by following some simple methods. We are going to explore all of them to help you out with your QuickBooks issue:
1. Method One: We’ll setup Digital Signature certificate
- We’ll go to the windows bar and search for .QBW32.exe. Its location will be: C:\Program\files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- We right-click on the file and open its Properties.
- Now, we’ll click on Digital Signature tab to ensure that Intuit, Inc. is selected.
- Details> View Certificate
- Now, we will keep clicking on throughout the next steps until we reach Finish.
- We’ll restart the computer and reopen QuickBooks.
- Finally, we’ll initiate the update.
2. Method Two:
In this method, we’ll ensure that our Firewall protection is on and a good antivirus is installed on our computer. We do this to ensure that we have Internet Protection both inside and outside of our computer. Sometimes Firewalls are not configured to approve QuickBooks updates, hence, creating error while trying to do so.
3. Method Three:
In case, none of the options are available above work, you can try to open your computer in Safe Mode. Safe Mode loads Windows with the lowest number of drivers required to run the Windows OS. Safe Mode utilizes the major versions of the drivers to load the software.
How does it work?
We have access to a high-speed internet connection on our computer. Now we will restart your computer. If the start button is not visible on the computer screen, then your computer is unresponsive. Restart your computer again.
However, in case the system fails to load, we’ll locate the reset button the system, or we’ll restart the computer only after 30 seconds.
As the computer starts and the Windows launches, we’ll follow these steps to ensure our error is fixed:
- Now we’ll keep pressing the F8 key until the system restarts. Now we will be able to see the Advanced Options menu. From here we’ll select Safe Mode w/ Networking and press enter. Please note that we will use this option only when we are having problems with Internet, otherwise, we will use Safe Mode.
- After the first step, we’ll have to select which Operating Software to use to restart our system.
- We’ll choose Administrator to access all the programs installed on the computer. After entering the administrator password and select yes to indicate that we are willing to work safe mode.
- In this final step, we’ll open your QuickBooks to try to update it again.
- If the connection is established, then it means that there was some problem with the QuickBooks connectivity while operating it in Windows Standard Mode. Now it is up to you to observe what creates the problem in QuickBooks while operating it in Standard Mode.
- Once we are done with the task, we’ll restart the computer in Standard mode.
The methods provided above should resolve your QuickBooks Update Error 1501 or any other 1500 error series. However, if you find yourself unable to complete the task by yourself, or you need assistance with some other QuickBooks or related product problems, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are third-party agency who has great expertise in resolving QuickBooks related issues.