Quicken is a personal finance, money management and budgeting software used by millions across the globe to help them handle their money expenditure and to keep a track of the documentation digitally. Quicken is a smart tool which helps you in various ways. However, being software it is not devoid of improvements, as only through improvement software remains competent. Since there are new services and features introduced in Quicken with every update, it’s imperative that there remains a lot of space for improvement. Every now and then, you may run into some error on this platform and might not know how to resolve it. Quicken Script Error is one of such errors that create a lot of frustration.
What is Quicken Script Error?
As you try to download or access the data from your business portal through Quicken on your laptop, you may run into the Script Error which may leave a range of messages appearing on your screen. This is one of the messages which could appear on your screen:
‘The attempt to download from this institution has failed (2001 The parameters provided to this api are not valid (key=accountID)). Please try again later.’
What could be the cause of Quicken Script Error?
The stem of the issue could lie in the factor where you create your Quicken account is activated for Quicken connect but no longer being available on the Quicken Servers. This error could also take place when you have deactivated your account but still try to copy a file or restore a backup file on the server. Since your account is deactivated, the script error might flash on your screen as Quicken tried to connect with the account on the servers.
How to resolve Quicken Script Error?
We will follow two simple solutions to resolve this error. Please follow them one by one.
Also Find : QuickBooks IE Script Error all the Time?
Solution 1: In case your account is still active yet you are getting the error, deactivate the account first.
- Go to the Accounts Toolbar in your Quicken, click on the relevant account name in accounts.
- There will be a Settings option in the bottom right corner of your Quicken screen, click on it.
- Go to Under Your Financial Institution section and click on
- Click on Deactivate Downloads
- Click on Save
- Now, follow the same method for each one of your accounts until each one is deactivated.
Solution 2: Reactivating the accounts for online update.
- Go to Accounts> New> Account Type.
- Here, you will enter the details related to your bank and click
- In the next field, you will need to fill the login credentials on your screen. Once you are past that, click
- Quicken will slowly discover all the accounts related to the login ID. Once it has done that, go to the option to link them all to the already existing account in the Quicken:
- There will be an Accounts Found Window, find the option Select the appropriate existing account to link.
- There will be another column named Type, select the account type for each account from the drop-down menu.
- Once all the existing accounts for the relevant bank have been linked to it, click on Continue to keep the activation process going on. Once you are done, click
- Repeat the same steps for each bank that needs to be activated.
These simple solutions should fix your Quicken Script Error. In case you need further assistance, contact the Quicken Technical Support Team. They are a third-party service provider who provides their services across the world.
You can get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Technical Experts by calling at their toll-free helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338 at any point of the day.