QuickBooks software is one of the most sophisticated accounting software that has garnered popularity amongst bookkeepers and accountants all across the world. However, despite being so professionally sound and catering high level of businesses, the software is as prone to errors as any other software.
One of the common issues faced by many businesses dealing with the huge number of customers and vendors is QuickBooks Error 3100. This error translates to the presence of two customers, vendors or Salesforce accounts with the same name.
Issue: QuickBooks Error 3100 with following error message
- 1 Possible Causes for QuickBooks Error 3100
- 2 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3100
- 3 System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error 3100
- 4 Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 3100
- 5 How to Solve QuickBooks Error 3100
Possible Causes for QuickBooks Error 3100
Check out the reasons why QuickBooks error code 3100 occurs:
- User is trying to sync a particular customer in QuickBooks having Salesforce account gets refused as the name of the customer already exists within the QuickBooks either as a customer or a vendor. This is due to the fact that QuickBooks software does not allow storage of two customers or vendors having same name.
- Duplicate Account – The Salesforce account customer trying to be synched already exists within the QuickBooks software leading to duplicity Salesforce Account issue.
The causes for QuickBooks Error 3100 are mainly only two, both of which can be manually resolved by the user, although QuickBooks technical expert advice is recommended in case the issue translates into an even more severe problem.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3100
System Requirements to avoid QuickBooks Error 3100
Precautions to take before Resolutions QuickBooks Error 3100
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 3100
There are two most popular methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3100, Which are listed below:
- Run the tool Account Matcher
- Two same Salesforce Accounts
Verify the orderly troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks error 3100:
1. Method One: Run the tool Account Matcher
- User first and foremost needs to make sure that the status of QuickBooks Customer is set to Active and further it is not listed as Vendor or mentioned in the List menu under Other Names field.
- Next step is to run the tool – Account Matcher through DataSynch Web Dashboard located on the system where the DataSynch is located (Start -> Programs -> Pervasive DataSynch -> DataSynch Web Interface).
- As soon as the process gets completed, Customer ListID category under Salesforce account should get filled with appropriate data.
This method should solve the QuickBooks Error 3100 in a scenario where the issue has cropped up due to more than one vendor and the customer having the same name.
However, if the issue continues its better to proceed with the next step
2. Method Two: Two same Salesforce Accounts
In case QuickBooks Error 3100 is caused due to two same Salesforce Accounts follow steps illustrated below:
- Logon to the Salesforce with user credentials.
- Locate and select the tab labeled Accounts.
- A link marked as ‘Merge Accounts’ located in the right corner of the window at bottom is present. Click on it.
- In the space provided write down the name of the duplicate account and then authorize to merge them, while
- ensuring that the value under the category Customer ListID does not get deleted.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
Need Professional Help?
This should resolve the issue and QuickBooks Error 3100 quite easily. However, if the error persists it is better to connect with a certified QuickBooks experts team who is adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks technical issues in the stipulated time. Users can alternatively connect with CALL NOW or connect via live chat on accountingerrors.com.