Don’t you want any added protection to your data from any incoming connection? Security is a major concern for anyone, so adding that extra protection to your QuickBooks Accounting Software can be an edge. In order to enable QuickBooks and Merchant Services, Firewall needs to be configured.
Firewall can stand on the way to opening the company files. In short, you aren’t able to communicate with the company files. There are quite a number of possible reasons for this issue.
Let’s have a look on this and track the ways of resolving Quickbooks firewall errors & problems:
- 1 Causes of QuickBooks Firewall errors & problems
- 2 Ways to fix the QuickBooks Firewall Errors & Problems
- 3 Few Other QuickBooks Firewall Errors or Issues
Causes of QuickBooks Firewall errors & problems
In case of a standalone computer in which you are trying to access the file, there are different reasons when compared to a computer which is connected to the network and the file is saved on that system.
1. For standalone computer, the issue could have been due to
- The need of additional permission for accessing file in the folder
- A third party resource from an anti-virus firewall interfering with the connection with QuickBooks
- Corruption in the QuickBooks file
2. For the connected computer, issue could have been due to
- Unstable connectivity of the network
- Need of additional permission for access
- Prevention of access by firewall network
- The turning on of the power saving mode
Ways to fix the QuickBooks Firewall Errors & Problems
The circumstance may vary when dealing with Firewall setting however the ways of fixing QuickBooks firewall errors or issues can be common for both. The most important way of dealing with this plague is to download and install the very helpful QuickBooks File Doctor. It specializes in detecting any file issue on your system and giving the right resolution.
This step pf troubleshooting works like a charm bring a big curve on your face. For any reason, if it doesn’t, you can go for the steps mentioned below-
- It goes without saying that any technology or device or gift of science that we use in our daily lives requires updates with time. If we fail to do so, problems tend to creep in. Hence it is of utmost importance that the QuickBooks that has been installed in your system if the most recent and updated one
- If you haven’t you can go to the Update to the Latest Release page and follow the steps to get it updated
- You can choose either to update manually or automatically
- If you find out that the product is in its updated version, then you might want to follow the next step
- You need to go to the Firewall and Internet Security for Updates and Network Access page to check if any change or tweak is required then
- Now try and configure your firewall to have access to QuickBooks files on all computers
- If the setting is already configured and you were not aware of it, the next step comes into the picture
- Check if there are permissions for you to access all company files. If not, there is a page Set Windows Permission to Share Company Files page. You need to click on it and make the necessary changes required
- After this you should be able to have the right settings and use the files
If the above stated steps too don’t work positively, don’t give up hope. There is always a ray of light that can bring a bright smile and you just need to be persistent for that. So let us give another try.
1. Step One: Scan your Company files:
Well, this step can be really helpful. You need to click on the Windows start button>Programs>QuickBooks>QuickBooks Data Server Manager>Add Folder>Scan>
After the above process, you should do the following-
- Click on QuickBooks Company Files Found to see the files added and then click on Close
- One important factor to be kept in mind is that the folder files should have the extension .qbw.nd
2. Step Two: Verifying Hosting Settings on the System:
Scanning too don’t reap positive outcome. There is an alternative to it which is to verify the hosting computer. For this troubleshoot, one needs to choose File first and then click on Utilities. You are waiting to see the prompt Stop Hosting Multi-user access. You need to click Yes and then on the Company Files Must be Closed window, click on Yes again.
- For server, you need to click Windows Task Bar>Task Manager>Image Name
- In the image name column, your focus should be on finding QBDBMgrN.exe. If not, see to find QuickBooksXX
- Click the Windows Start, and choose Run to enter services.msc
- The idea is to find – QuickBooks Desktop 2017: QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooks Desktop 2016: QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooks Desktop 2015: QuickBooksDB25, QuickBooks Desktop 2014: QuickBooksDB24
- The startup should be automatic
- Finally in the list of steps is that In the QBDBMgrN.exe row, verify that the entry in the User Name column is correct.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: QBDataServiceUser27
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: QBDataServiceUser26
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: QBDataServiceUser25
- QuickBooks Desktop2014: QBDataServiceUser24
Few Other QuickBooks Firewall Errors or Issues
- Configure the Windows Firewall to work with QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks 2016 Firewall Blocking Support
- How to setup QuickBooks firewall ports 2016
- QuickBooks windows firewall disabled exceptions not defined
- QuickBooks 2017 firewall ports not working
- Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks 2017
- How to setup QuickBooks firewall
- Fix QuickBooks enterprise 2017 firewall ports
- QuickBooks windows firewall multi-user error
Though there are multiple solutions to the QuickBooks firewall errors or problems, it involves vast knowledge and expertise. The most important step is to add the specific ports to the third party anti-virus or firewall.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with AccountingErrors QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on 📞+1-855-481-5338.