You may want to restore QuickBooks due to various reasons. But generally you may want to restore QuickBooks:
- In case you current company file is corrupted, you can restore a backup that was made before the files got corrupted.
- If you would like to recover the data that you lost, you can restore all the files that you saved before the data was lost.
- If you got a backup file, you can use the restore feature for converting the backup to a usable file. However, before doing this, it is important to note that this will overwrite all the modifications you made after creating a backup file.
- If you want to transfer QuickBooks to a new machine, you can restore QuickBooks file to the new location.
Whatever might be the reason, but when it comes to restoring QuickBooks mainly .QBB file extension is used in order to restore files to a specific location, which is also the extension of QuickBooks backup. In order to successfully restore QuickBooks, it is very important to know the exact location or path of the file where it is saved. Once you are sure and know where you are going to save the file.
Causes of restoration Error
- If you are using a special char in a company file.
- The company file was damaged or corrupted.
- And if you are stored a backup in an external drive.
- The backup file is restored in the older version and the backup has been in the newer version.
- If the backup is restored in the flash or a network drive.
- Which file being stored is not a real backup file.
Steps to Restore QuickBooks Successfully
There are twelve steps, which you need to follow to restore quickbooks successfully. All the steps are listed below:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Go to the File menu.
Click on Open or Restore Company.
Now click on Restore a backup copy.
Now click on Next.
Click on Local backup.
Select the back up file (.QBB) you wish to restore from the “Open Backup Copy” window. Or else, you can also use the “Look in” feature to find your file.
Now click on Open.
Click on Next.
Note : It is important to note that if you are restoring a backup file from any sort of removable media, you will have to guide QuickBooks the location where you would like to restore the file to. This you can do by going to the Save in arrow and choosing the right folder where you would like to restore your QuickBooks data on your hard drive.
If required, select the Save in drop-down arrow and go to the location where you would like to restore the backup file.
Choose the back up file and click on Save.
Now adequately reply to any message prompted by QuickBooks.
Need Professional Help?
Related Post – Get Help to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 107