QuickBooks introduces the Restricting user permissions which help to keep your company’s data under a high-level security approach and also provides a limit to all linked users. This is the only way to find a trustworthy network to share your company data to work on business productivity.
QuickBooks is an accounting software designed for small and medium sized businesses. This is why QuickBooks also supports multiple users. The number of users differ according to the version of QuickBooks. Pro and Premier allow 3-5 users and Enterprise enables you to add up-to 30 users. You can select the version according to the size and requirement of your business.
QuickBooks also has a number of predefined users that make creating new user easy and faster. Having a lot of users makes it difficult for you to see who has access to what kind of data. You definitely don’t want each user to access all the confidential information of your business. In other words you want them to access only the data which concerns their work.
Steps to Restrict Access for a Particular User
- Select Company in the Top Menu.
- Click on ‘Set Up Users and Passwords.’
- Now select Set Up Passwords.
- If you have to add password to an existing user then click on Edit User. If you have to add a new user before setting up password then click on Add User.
- Now select ‘Selected areas of QuickBooks’ and specify the areas of QuickBooks you want the particular user to have access to.
- A window titled ‘Sales and Accounts Receivable’ will appear. It will have the description for the data it provides access to.
- Now mark ‘Selective Access’. New options will appear. Among them select what you want that user to have access to. You can select among ,’create transactions only’,’Create and print transactions,’ or ‘Create transactions and create reports.’ You can also restrict the user from viewing the complete Credit Card number of your customers.
- Now keep on going to the next windows and provide the amount of access you want to for the user. There are many options that you can restrict for any particular user like Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Banking transactions, Reporting and Payroll. You can even restrict a user from deleting transactions from QuickBooks.
Using these options to restrict users access to multiple functions can make QuickBooks much more secure for you and your organisation. You can even advise users to set up passwords or even set passwords for them. Save your organisation from the threat of fraud by restricting access. Remember, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Need Professional Help?
For any support reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop experts at QuickBooks Desktop supports phone number (Toll Free) 📞+1-855-481-5338.
Does the user get access to restrict user access in QuickBooks?
Yes, users can restrict your client to enter client and vendor transactions. In QuickBooks, users can add a client with restricted authorizations. The limit makes a way to enter client and vendor transactions. Along these lines, your client/customer/user can enter all client and seller transactions.
How would I be able to change user permissions in QuickBooks?
To do this, you need to prefer predefined roles, and then open the Company menu, choose the user. After that, click on the users’ Roles. Now, you have to open the Role List tab. Then choose a role and hit click on the Edit to review permissions. Go to the Area and Activities field, choose the area of the accounts. Once you are done with setup permissions and click on the OK button to save.
Could multiple users access QuickBooks simultaneously?
The multi-user mode in QuickBooks permits various users to introduce and utilize a similar company file simultaneously over a server network. Notwithstanding that, if you have both a desktop and laptop, and you’re the main person utilizing QuickBooks, you just need one permit.