When setting up a Sage 50 accounting program, you should adjust the firewall in case you are using a multi-user/client version. On the workstation or server where the records or data stored you should either turn off the firewall or alter the firewall to enable the application as well as ports to enable to talk through.
Most of the firewalls will invite you to access if the first time you are using the Sage 50 accounting program. It is vital to enable all procedures from Sage 50 via your firewall. In the event that any procedures are blocked, the Sage 50 won’t work accurately. If you block the Sage 50 procedure from running, at the point you should go into an exceptions/permissions zone of the firewall and enable full access to the procedure.
This resolution requires propelled information of the network. Consult our Sage 50 experts for help. Changing Windows security erroneously can extremely influence system tasks. Sage isn’t in charge of task issues caused by mistakenly changing the Windows security. Make sure you have a backup of your all of the data before continuing with the best resolution.
Operating System Warning
This resolution requires propelled information of the operating system of your computer. Changing your Windows Registry erroneously can seriously influence the operations of the system. Sage isn’t in charge of activity issues caused by erroneously altering your Windows Registry. Ensure you have a backup of all your data before continuing with advanced resolution.
Stage 1: Allowing the Sage 50
Make sure the following programs are included in the list with a checkmark next to the names.
- Ensure the accompanying applications are involved in the rundown with a checkmark by the names and in the Work/ Home or Private/Public sections:
- File and Printer Sharing
- Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager
- The complete rundown of executables may be located in related resources KB 10080
- Click on Allow another program in order to get different procedures added to the rundown (Basically the variant of the Sage software that is as of now being utilized on the PC).
Stage 2: Opening of the inbound firewall ports
- You have to do this on the PC that is facilitating the data records.
- Perceive how to get to the port firewall zone in Windows 7 (click here)
- Click on the “Port” and then click on the “Next”, button
- Enter the port numbers for Sage 50 Accounting connection manager and files:
- For instance: 13531, 13540-13545
- The range can be bigger.
- To ensure what is the range:
- Open the Explorer and then browse to:
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sage Software\ConnectionManager\
- Open the ConnectionManager.in into Notepad.
- The line showed ‘End Port=xxxxxx’ is an end of the range.
- Click on Next button.
- Choose to Allow the connection.
- Click on the Next button.
- Do the checkmark for Private and Domain.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter the “Simply 50 Accounting ports” into the Name field.
- Click on the Finish in order to quit the wizard.
Stage 3: Opening of the outbound firewall ports
You should configure Windows Firewall on every system into the network in order to add the outbound rule for the similar port numbers too. In case the issue still persists, at that point, you can contact us. We are providing the best Sage 50 Tech Support Help for small and large organizations and accountants. We have the best Sage 50 Technical Support Team which gives you an instant resolution of your problem in the shortest turnaround time. Don’t wait to call our 24*7 helpline ✆+1-855-481-5338 and get the best resolution in an excellent and professional way.