Sage Error 3001 has been reported by users while filing their taxes using the HMRC service. When a request is sent and fails, Sage error 3001 is thrown and the operation fails. This is most probably a configuration error where settings aren’t properly configured or the payroll service has not been activated.
Note: Before following the steps provided below, make sure that you have an active payroll subscription and can use the HMRC service.
iXBRL format causes Sage error 3001. Whenever you file through such a format, you may get an error. The request will be rejected and error will be thrown. The software will not crash as this isn’t a problem with the software.
Below, we have provided a few methods through which you can resolve Sage error 3001. Follow these steps after logging into Sage from an administrative account. This will enable you to make changes to the configuration.
- Open Sage software
- Open the Sage Assisted Tagging tool
- Open the file you were working with and click on the Advanced Tab
- In this tab, you’ll find Detailed P&L section
- Select Staff Pension Costs
- Most probably, it would be marked as ‘Start of the year.’
- Delete this tag to resolve the error
- Now click on Confirm tag after selecting the current figure
- You’ve successfully changed period from ‘Start of the year’ to ‘Current Year’
- Repeat the steps for previous year and continue the operation
This should resolve the error you’re facing. Now the configurations have been set properly so that you can send files in various formats.
Obviously, if you’re not connected to the internet or the connection for this service is being blocked, then you’ll always encounter this error. You should contact your internet service provider and ask them if they’re blocking the connection through specific ports. If they are then, ask them to enable connection through ports which this service requires. They’ll do it for you.
You can also check other problems by disabling security software on your system. The software sometimes mistake a particular connection for a malicious one. Hence, the connection is blocked and the request is rejected.
What is Sage HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)?
Sage HMRC is a unique feature offered through the payroll service. You can use it with any product offered by the Sage group that support payroll activation like Sage One, Sage 50 and so on. Through this feature, it becomes easier for business to calculate taxes for the entire business year. Every business wants to minimize the amount of taxes they pay while filing all the paperwork on time. If you’re one such business, then you’re going to love this service. It makes it super easy to comply with HMRC.
How can AccountingErrors help You?
Encountering errors, while preparing taxes, can be a bane to your existence. If you cannot figure out how to resolve Sage error 3001, then our Sage experts can do this for you. We’re a third party Sage support helpdesk and have specialized teams for each Sage product. Our team has intensive knowledge of Sage HMRC and can help you in resolving this error within minimum turnaround time. To know more, feel free to contact AccountingErrors at ✆+1-855-481-5338(Toll Free.)
See Also Fix Sage Error 20005
- I cannot disable my security software. What should I do?
- Steps for disabling wary according to the security software. Hence, you can either contact the provider of your security software or give us a call. Our technical experts can remotely connect to your system to fix the error, or just provide you the steps and you can implement them yourself.