Sage Program Won’t Open
At times, while working on Sage, you may encounter an unbelievably annoying errors which will stop you from even accessing Sage: Sage Program Won’t Open. Whenever you will click on the Sage icon, the program will not open and nothing will happen.
Sometimes, there won’t be any error message displayed, but simply the program won’t open when you click on the Sage icon. Or, if it is a newly installed program then you may get some error message related to the installation of the Sage software. Plus, things like improper up-gradation or installation of Sage 50 service release update or something like ‘Peachw.exe shows up and vanishes in task manager can be some of the other ways of telling you that Sage Program is not able to open up.
In this article, we will talk about the possible causes and troubleshooting steps for this issue, apart from this, you may even call our Sage tech helpdesk to get more help.
Now, you must be wondering what can cause such an issue. Some of the common reasons are listed below:
- Cut off network drive can be a reason.
- There may be somecontradictory processes active on the workstation.
- Also, if Windows 10 Spring Creators Update edition 1803 was downloaded, then also this can happen.
- Pervasive is unable to open up.
- Wrongedition of Pervasive is installed.
- Pervasive Software folder is not at all located at the right place.
- Microsoft .NET Framework is absolutely tarnished.
- Sage is already runningsomewhere but in the compatibility mode.
- The CPU of your workstation is running at 100%.
- Sage accounting solution’s service release edition did not complete.
- Sage has been either been unintentionally removed or may be uninstalled.
- The program shortcut of Sage is corrupted.
- Program files of Sage are installed at an incorrect place, on a 64 bit workstation.
- User Account Control is switched on.
- Program has been shifted to a new computer with the help of the file transfer application.
- Files on this particular workstation are locked after Sage was shut down abnormally.
- In case the company files are locked.
- Corruption of the user profile in Citrix setup.
How you Fix this Sage Error?
Method Number One: Sage accounting solution is running in the background
PS: In this case, if the network has more than one workstation, then you would have to initiate the troubleshooting firstly on the server.
- Open up the Task Manager
- If you are working on a Windows 7, Vista or Server
Choose the Processes tab
- If you are working on a Windows 10 or 8
Click on More Details, afterwards hit the Details tab
- Click on Peachw.exe
- Click on the option that says End process
- Click on w3dbsmgr.exe
- Again click on the option that says End task or End process
- Shut down the Task Manager
- On the keyboard, together press Windows+R
- Write SERVICES.MSC, and after that click on OK
- Right-click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine, after that, click on Start
- Shut down the Services Window
Now, see if Sage is opening up or not. If not, then please call our Sage technical helpline, ✆+1-855-481-5338, and we will help you. Our Sage technical support team is available 24 by 7.
See Also QuickBooks File Doctor Won’t Open