SAGE 50 is one of the most widely used accounting software by small and big financial industries. One of the key aspects of the software is inventory valuation report.
Inventory Valuation Report: This is a report which forms the key part of maintaining the cost of goods sold and can be used as an assurance for loans. The term Inventory Valuation means the cost associated with an entity’s inventory at the end of reporting and appears as the current asset information on the balance sheet.
The value is calculated by multiplying the unit cost (based on the valuation method established for the item in Item Maintenance) by the quantity on hand.
How to Make Inventory Report
- Enter a report setting or lookup button for perusal of all the report settings and select a standard default report.
- There is a description for the field which can be selected and enter manually a description that better suits the output of the report.
- Check for access to the report settings. A public report allows access to all the users. The ability to access also includes other features like modify, save, print, and delete the report settings.
- Select options to print the report and sort criteria. The options give the prints on separate cover pages when the report is printed.
- The report can be considered as a summary of data warehouse collections and need receipt number and date, quantity received in hand and the actual cost.
- The value for each receipt is calculated individually based on the calculation methods.
Creating a Report Setting
- Open Report window-Report Setting field, select the setting to use as the basis for your new report setting or can use the default form.
- In the report window modify the settings as per the need and select Save As from the Save drop-down list to create a new report setting based on the current report setting. You can also give Save directly to save the current report.
- The standard set of reports for modules other than Material Requirements Planning and Work Order are assigned a standard default report settings.
- If STANDARD is selected in the Report Setting field in the report window, you cannot save all selections made in the report window to the STANDARD report setting. The settings made in the report window can be saved only by using the Save As option into a new report setting name and thus preventing the reports to revert back to the previous STANDARD report settings.
- Save the printer selection to the STANDARD report setting if the Use Workstation Default Printer for STANDARD Report Setting check box is cleared in Company Maintenance. Only the printer selection, number of copies, and collation setting can be saved to the STANDARD report setting. In Save As Report Setting, Description field, type of description for the report setting gets saved automatically.
- Select the report type option in the Type Field.
- Select the Default Report check box to save the report setting as default report setting.
- Select the Always Use This Template checkbox and enter the Template Field to always use the same format.
- To customize the report in Crystal Designer, Click the Designer.
- Click Ok in the Save As Reporting Window.
Any changes made to the current or existing report are saved to new report setting and the one which we have created will be available in the Report setting field Report and form printer information is retained by workstation and form code.
When a new report setting or form code is created, the workstation ID and the printer information are retained. This functionality enables multiple users to select the same form code or report setting, and retain the printer information specific to their workstation ID.
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your Sage issue? We have a team of Sage experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW or CALL NOW our experts.