Sage 50 File System Error 3111 is related to Pervasive and network connection. If a particular instance of the program is still open and is in session even after the user has closed the program, then you’re likely to encounter this error. Also the active state of PSQL product key can also play a factor. If this key is not in an active state then you’ll always get an error.
Let us look at some of the solutions available for Sage 50 File System Error 3111. These solutions require advanced knowledge of operating system and networking. So if you’re not familiar with these topics, then we’d recommend that you do not implement these steps yourself. Also, please backup company file and database data.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 File System Error 3111
File System Error 3111
Causes of Sage 50 File System Error 3111
Sage 50 Error 3111 normally occurs when there is an interruption in the internet connection of sage 50 & the user’s system.
Read More in detail below:
- Junk data sent by NIC
- The server is turned off or it is in restart mode
- Damaged or destroyed network cable.
- Wireless connection or VPN is used for Internet
- The issue with network router or it is unplugged
- Any other software or network interfering the connection
- NIC in hibernation mode.
- Weak or very less WIFI connection
How to Resolve The Sage 50 File System Error 3111
The solution to solve sage 50 error code 3111 is to first shutdown Sage 50 & then restart your system.
Read More in detail below:
1. Method One: Closing Open Pervasive Sessions
Follow the steps provided below:
- Restart your system and server
- If you’re working with a multi-user version, then ask everyone to logout of any Sage service they are currently using
- Open the PSQL Monitor Utility
- Unlock the open files
- If while opening the PSQL Monitor Utility program you get an error then use system tools to close the application. You’ll require administrative privileges to do so.
If the error does not resolve, then simply ask everyone to restart their server. Also, we recommend that you don’t delete any users when using the PSQL Monitor. If you want to do so, then make sure that everyone is logged out of the system. If someone is logged in and working, then there data might be lost. Further, there can be a damage to the data file on the server.
2. Method Two: Firewall Settings
Windows firewall is infamous for blocking a few safe connections through particular ports. This is done in order to secure the system of the user. The user can configure a particular port and allow network connection through it.
But before doing that, we must ensure that firewall is causing a problem, otherwise all of the effort would go in wane. You should simply disable the firewall to check if it is the root cause of Sage error 3111. If after disabling firewall, you do not get the error, then you should follow the steps provided below:
- Click on start menu
- Type in Advanced Firewall Settings
- From the left panel, click on Inbound rules
- Create a new rule and add the port through which you want to allow the connection
- Repeat the steps for Outbound rules
- Save names for the rules
Now the ports through which Sage 50 is connecting to pervasive won’t be blocked by the Firewall.
What is Sage 50?
Preparing taxes, recording transactions and sending purchase orders are some of the basic accounting tasks that each business has to perform everyday. Apart from these essentials, you also need to create financial statements. Completing all these tasks may require your organization to hire professional accountants.
With Sage 50 you and your business can avoid such an expensive burden. Sage 50 can handle all of the aforementioned tasks. Hell! Even a person without a shred of knowledge about accounting can complete these basic accounting tasks with Sage 50. You can even create financial statements and analyze all the recorded accounting data.