QuickBooks is one of the popular accounting tools that is helpful to owners of small business companies who want to manage the business accounts in perfect way. If you are also using QuickBooks tool for your business company, you never want to face any problem or error in it. But users are facing the unexpected error of QuickBooks netsharegetinfo in their accounting tool.Show More
This is a very common error that can occur when user is attempting to access the company file of QuickBooks and the user sees the message of “Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path” in this case.
This error can also occur in QuickBooks when QBDataServiceUser doesn’t have any proper access to the location of file in QuickBooks. If you are looking to resolve this error in your QuickBooks, you have to make sure that all permissions are properly set up for your counting tool to function properly.Show Less
- 1 What is an Unexpected error in 5 call netsgaregetinfo for the path?
- 2 Reason Behind The Error- Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for Path
- 3 Solution of Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo
- 3.1 1. Method One: Delete & Recreate The User
- 3.2 2. Solution Two: Download & Install the QuickBooks File Doctor for the Error Resolution
- 3.3 3. Solution Three: Download & Install the Reimage Repair Tool
- 3.4 4. Solution Four: Turn Off User Account Control on Windows
- 3.5 5. Solution Five: Enable File Share Access
- 4 FAQs
What is an Unexpected error in 5 call netsgaregetinfo for the path?
QuickBooks unexpected error 5 encounters when your QuickBooks Database service doesn’t allow you to access the location or due to improper installation. It appears on your screen with an error code “Got Unexpected Error 5 in Call to NetshareGetInfo for path” but you might find this error issue in one more way: Either QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions: Contractor 16.0”: V26.0D R3) or NetShareInfo for the path\server\file.QBW
Warning Messages – Indications, You Need to Know
Unexpected error: “QuickBooks Enterprises Solution: Contactor 16.0” – You might have received this kind of error message on your screen. It gives you an alert to avoid working with QuickBooks functioning otherwise it might create major losses. Unexpected Error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path \serverfile.QBW – When domain controller or DataBase manager remains at no local administrator except the domain itself. The main reason behind this error is the improper internet connectivity between the database files and users.
QuickBooks error 5 is an issue appearing on the screen with a warning message got “unexpected error 5 call netsharegetinfo path” This error due to either invalid entries in Windows registry or the system setting has been configured incorrectly. This interrupts to the user and they cannot access the program.
- The installation or uninstallation of the software is incorrect or incomplete.
- Windows registry contains a wrong entry.
- System shutdown improper way due to the power outage.
- Malware attack or virus infection also occurs with an error – 5.
- Registry entry or system files are deleted accidentally.
- If the computer and its element are not able to run normal QuickBooks operations.
If you are also facing this unexpected error of QuickBooks in your system, you want a quick resolution of this error. To resolve this error in your QuickBooks system, you need to use the following process:
1. Method One: Delete & Recreate The User
- Delete the User
- Recreate the User
A. Delete the User
Deleting/removing and Recreating , this process can help you to fix the QuickBooks Error -5 follow the given instruction;
- From the Company Tab in the QuickBooks Desktop select the user & Roles.
- From the List Select the User and press the delete button.
- Then choose OK for the confirmation.
B. Recreate the User
- Select New from the User & Roles page.
- Choose the user name for the new user account.
- Then make a new password .
- Press OK.
- In the final step, you need to make a role for the user and press OK.
If still, problem not resolved, then jump to the next method.
2. Solution Two: Download & Install the QuickBooks File Doctor for the Error Resolution
- Download & install QuickBooks File Doctor from the Intuit official website.
- Check all the files & folder and resolve the issue related to damaged network & company file.
- And provide a multiuser mode for working if required.
- You can check all the methods through the File Doctor to resolve the damage or corruption of the Company file.
whether QuickBooks Error 5 still appears, then move to the next.
3. Solution Three: Download & Install the Reimage Repair Tool
- Firstly download the Reimage Repair Tool.
- Save this tool.
- Then go to the file location, once the prompt displays on the screen, then press OK.
- Unmark the checkbox for the automatic scan.
- Click Install and the tool will get scanned automatically.
- Once the scanning is done then press Star Repair.
- In the step, Restart QuickBooks and check if the problem continues . then move to the next method.
4. Solution Four: Turn Off User Account Control on Windows
User Account Control on Windows, it is a security tool of Microsoft, that prevents interruption of harmful software. It might help to resolve the QuickBooks Error 5 problem and make the program to work smoothly, whenever you turn off/ disable User Account Control, it is allowed to locate the problem and resolve it. Once checked if the problem resolved then turns the UAC setting on.
Check if the problem continues, then jump to the next step.
- From the File Explorer, right click on the folder where you saved your company file.
- Choose properties form then sharing tab.
- Now according to your need choose full or partial file sharing.
- Then click on apply.
- Choose OK for the confirmation.
Need Professional Help?
This solution will probably help to solve this error message of “Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path” in your QuickBooks system. If QuickBooks file doctor tool is unable to help you for solution of this error, you should contact to the 📞 support service providers of QuickBooks. You can easily get the support service for your accounting tools and they will help you to get solution of this error in your accounting tool. You do not need to worry about any kind of problem in your QuickBooks because they are able to provide best technical support services to solve every problem of QuickBooks users.
You might also interested to read topic on The Common Errors and Their Solutions in QuickBooks
What does the unexpected error mean?
An unexpected error specifies that your software encounters a critical application problem. This issue might appear while you try to save your company file.
How would I resolve the QuickBooks Unexpected error 5?
Delete and re-create the user is one of the best and fastest way to fix this issue. To avoid this error, ensure the windows registry configuration.
Is QuickBooks unexpected error 5 stop working?
The answer is yes Because it might be freezing your window or doesn’t allow you to run with any accountancy processing.