How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error -6073, -816
QuickBooks, one of the best accounting software available in the market, is prone to errors and bugs. One of the most notorious errors of QB is QuickBooks Error -6073, -816. This error is difficult to troubleshoot and fix. For these reasons we recommend that you get in touch with a certified QB professional who can guide you through this error. Further, these errors are related directly to the company file and can lead to loss of data.
When do QuickBooks Error -6073, -816 occur?
- The aforementioned errors can occur due to the following reasons:,
- Company file is stored in a read only folder
- QuickBooks is being accessed remotely from a server or through remote connectivity software
- Company file is stored on an external device
- Files are hosted on cloud
Company file is stored in a read only folder
QB cannot render and parse the data inside the company file when it is stored in a read only folder. You can easily fix this issue by following the steps provided below:
- Log into your computer
- Select the parent folder of the company file.
- Right Click on the folder
- Select Properties
- Remove the check mark against Read-Only.
- Click on Apply and hit Ok.
- Now, QB will be able to parse and read the data. If this doesn’t help then proceed with the following solutions.
QuickBooks is being accessed Remotely
In this case, the error is caused due to the conflicting status of different QB processes. You can resolve the error by following the steps given below:
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl+ Alt+ Del
- Select the Processes tab
- Right Click on any QuickBooks Process
- Click on End Process Tree
- Run QuickBooks again
Company File is stored on an External Device
You need to get full access to the data inside the external device. For this, you can either contact your administrator or get in touch with a certified QuickBooks professional.
Another reason for the occurrence of this error can be the user mode. In case the user modes aren’t synced properly across your organization, QB will throw QuickBooks error -6073, -816. You can use the communication tool for gaining back access to the whole software. After this, switch mode to single user and try accessing the data.
QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud
Contact your cloud hosting provider and provide them the details of this error.
Make sure to backup all your data, if it is stored on a local drive. In case you cannot reach Intuit, you can get in touch with our in house certified QB experts. To know more, feel free to contact us at ✆+1-855-481-5338(Toll Free.)
See Also – QuickBooks Form 941 Error