About Web Connector QuickBooks Error
|Error Name:||Web Connector||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||At times when you access the QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows OS-based computer system, you face the Web Connector Error and a message appears on your screen, which reads: ‘QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Unacceptable installation of QBWC TOOL, QuickBooks web connector is not updated||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks will open without composing the log document., There is an issue with the log document.||Possible Solution:||Resolve this issue by changing the name of the QWCLOG.TXT file, Fix the web connector QuickBooks error manually|
When it comes to dealing with accounting and finance operations-related services, there is nothing better than QuickBooks to trust you with the task. It is an extremely user-friendly interface and a long range of services, which are not available in any other software of the same range, make it software that is utilized by millions of small and medium scale businesses.
However, at times some errors, i.e. Web Connector QuickBooks Error, cause great trouble to the users when they pop up. Being unaware of the origin of these errors and knowing very little about the troubleshooting methods leaves users frustrated more than often. Our Accounting Errors help team is going to guide you through the whole process of identifying and troubleshooting the error in this article.
- 1 About Web Connector QuickBooks Error
- 2 What is Web Connector Error
- 3 Reasons behind Web Connector Error on QuickBooks
- 4 Sign/Symptoms of this error
- 5 The most common symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
- 6 System Requirements ot avoid Web Connector QuickBooks Error
- 7 Precautions to take before Resolutions Web Connector QuickBooks Error
- 8 User need to know how to add another web service with a QuickBooks web connector
- 9 How might you add a new web service with QuickBooks Web Connector?
- 10 Resolving the Web Connector Error on your QuickBooks Desktop
- 11 Alternate Method: Fix the web connector QuickBooks error manually?
- 12 FAQ
What is Web Connector Error
At times when you access the QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows OS-based computer system, you face the Web Connector Error and a message appears on your screen, which reads: ‘QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. In some specific cases, you might see this error message in the dialogue box on your screen: ‘Exception TypeError: Unknown name’
Reasons behind Web Connector Error on QuickBooks
The reason behind this error is the unavailability or corruption of the QWCLOG.TXT file which is used by the Web Connector Program. Below are the reasons that can cause the error:
- Unacceptable installation of QBWC TOOL.
- QuickBooks web connector is not updated.
- No administrator rights
- Continue without a log file.
Sign/Symptoms of this error
When you open QuickBooks, you will experience one of these “QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085″ or Exception Type Error-
Below are the signs and symptoms of the error:
- QB Web Connector has neglected to compose the log document.
- QuickBooks will open without composing the log document.
- There is an issue with the log document.
- QuickBooks Web Connector will proceed without the log document.
The most common symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
- If the components of the web connector program are not working appropriately, you might encounter this error.
- Another manifestation of this error can be that QuickBooks isn’t working in an appropriate way.
- If your QuickBooks Desktop freezes a few minutes, at that point it is plausible to have QBWC1085 error.
- Your system might be freezing/hangs while processing the QuickBooks programming.
- The error QBWC1085 can likewise be recognized if you are not getting any reaction from the windows.
System Requirements ot avoid Web Connector QuickBooks Error
Precautions to take before Resolutions Web Connector QuickBooks Error
User need to know how to add another web service with a QuickBooks web connector
Before proceeding to troubleshoot this issue, the user needs to know, all things considered, the cycle to add another web service with QuickBooks web connector doesn’t include any advanced science QWC extension files open all alone with QBWC, and they are the XML files. It ought to be noticed that the web connector works with all QB work area programming that is upheld by the QuickBooks SDK.
How might you add a new web service with QuickBooks Web Connector?
Adding another Web service with the QuickBooks web connector is simple. .qwc expansion files are XML files that open naturally with QBWC. The QuickBooks Web Connector works with all QuickBooks desktop products upheld by the QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK, it incorporates the accompanying:
U.S. editions of QuickBooks Financial Software products like Enterprise Solutions, Premier (2002 or later version), Pro (2002 or later version), Basic Start (2006 or later version), QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later version), Canadian editions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise (2003 or later version), and UK editions of QuickBooks Pro or Accountant Edition (2003 or later version)
Resolving the Web Connector Error on your QuickBooks Desktop
Web Connector is used by users who have a third-party application running on the computer which is used by QuickBooks for specific services. In case you are not using any third-party assistant applications with your QuickBooks, simply remove the Web Connector to resolve the problem.
Though, if you have connected QuickBooks Data file to a third-party application through Web Connector, then the Web Connector needs to stay. In such cases, we will simply rename the QWCLOG.TXT file.
1. First Method:
When any third-party application is not connected to the QuickBooks Data File:
- Access the computer with Administrator rights.
- Follow the path: C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- From here, select the Web Connector and delete it.
- Shut down the computer and turn it on again to access QuickBooks seamlessly.
2. Second Method:
When Data file is shared with the third-party application:
- Shut down QuickBooks Desktop and Web Connector.
- Follow the path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Change the filename from TXT to QWCLOGOBSOLETE.TXT.
- Open the Web Connector again.
- Shut down the computer and turn it on again. Finally, open your QuickBooks and log in to the third-party application.
Method 3: Resolve this issue by changing the name of the QWCLOG.TXT file
Below we have explained how to rename the QWCLOG.TXT file:
- The first thing you have to do is to open the Menu bar
- Then, hit the right-click on the QuickBooks Web Connector symbol.
- From that point forward, give a next click on the Exit choice followed by opening the Windows File Manager.
- Once it has been done, visit the C:\Program Data\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log envelope.
- After this, hit a correct click on the QWCLOG.TXT file
- Then, you have to choose the rename option from the available preferences.
- After this, you can change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT
- Click on the Save option to store all new changes.
- Whenever you are finished with that you need to reboot the web connector program.
- The last step is to reboot the PC.
- Then, open your QuickBooks to make sure the issue is resolved or not
In any case, if you are not associated with QuickBooks to any third Program, you can remove/delete the Web Connector from the Startup menu. The following are the means to do it.
- The primary thing to do is log in on your PC as the Windows Administrator.
- Once done, you need to explore the following order C:\Programdata\Microsoft \Windows\ Start Menu\ Program \ Start-Up.
- For Windows XP: You need to follow the way: Documents and the Settings All Users/Start Menu/Program/Startup.
- After this, you need to delete the QuickBooks Web Connector File.
- Once the process is finished, then reboot your PC and open your QuickBooks again to make sure that issue is fixed.
These simple solutions provided above should resolve the Web Connector Error on your QuickBooks Desktop. They are a third-party company having a brilliant QuickBooks help desk. The experts at Accounting Errors are extremely talented.
Alternate Method: Fix the web connector QuickBooks error manually?
Step 1: In the first, you need to uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
Use the steps listed below to uninstall QuickBooks POS:
- Find and open the control menu.
- Then, you have to choose the Program and Features from the available preferences.
- In the rundown of Programs, select QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Then, at that point click on uninstall.
- Follow the prompts until the program is not finished.
Step 2: Then, you have to rename every one of the Points of Sale Folders
Add OLD toward the finish of every organizer. This keeps QuickBooks from perceiving the organizers to make another one.
Step 3: Now, you need to re-install the Point of Sale with the following guidelines:
- Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Press Windows + R simentenously to open the Run window
- Then, rename all Point of Sale envelopes
- After this, reinstall Point of Sale
- The last step is to restore the company record
Step 4: Follow the means to restore the company files
- Open your QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Then, you need to create another company document.
- The next step is to restore the backup created.
- After this, Open the Point of Sale to verify whether the issue is settled.
- Register QuickBooks Point of Sale once more and you are all done with this issue.
Need Professional Help?
You can get in touch with one of the QuickBooks Experts CALL NOW. They are available 24*7 to take your calls and troubleshoot the QuickBooks-related errors.
Get The Instant Solution With Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks issue? We have a team of QuickBooks experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW our experts.
Why QuickBooks web connector unable to work?
This error usually happens due to a corrupted or damaged QWCLOG.TXT file which is used by the web connector program. It also occurs when you are updating the latest edition of the QuickBooks Web Connector.
How do I repair the QB web connector error?
Firstly, press the window +R key simentenously, and then the run window will appear on your screen. Now, you have to write misconfig and hit the OK button. After this, locate and checkmark the QuickBooks web connector program. Hit the Apply and OK button. Once the process is finished then restart the window to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
How can I disable the QuickBooks web connector to resolve the error?
Go to the Start menu and then click on the “All Programs” option. Click on the “Startup” button and hit the right-click on the “Exchange Data with Web Services” option. Hit the click on the “Delete” option and move forward to hit the Yes button to disable the QuickBooks web connector over the automatically launching at startup.